EOjed
New Contributor I

DH55TC Bios Update from 037 to 045 did not work

Hello,

I just upgrade to:

MOBO DH55TC

I7 870

16GB Kingston 1333 DDR3

The Mobo came with Bios version 37 and the most current is 45. Last night I tried to upgrade to the latest version:

TCIBX10H.86A.0045.EB.EXE

After executing the above the screen went blank, I waited about 7 minutes, nothing else happened, powered off the PC knowing I would have to do a Bios Restore using a USB and changing the jumper on the mobo, etc.

I powered on the PC, to my surprise it had a bios, booted up and got the message "bios upgraded". I restarted the PC, entered the bios and found that no upgrade was made.

In the past with other Intel mobos I had no problem upgrading the Bios.

Is there something different now or that I am missing in trying to upgrade bios to the latest version?

Thanks

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Salem_W_Intel1
Employee

Hi,

If you followed the instructions (click http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/sb/CS-022312.htm here), based on the BIOS update method you chose, the BIOS should've been done; if not, then, I'd recommend the following:

Restart the system into BIOS by pressing during the boot process. Once in the BIOS setup utility, press to restore BIOS default settings. Reset any customized BIOS settings. Clear all DMI event logs by setting the option to "Enable", which is located in the Advanced/Event Log Configuration section of the BIOS Setup utility. Press to save the new settings and reboot the system.

Then, attempt the BIOS update once more. This time before booting into the Operating System, repeat the following:

Clear all DMI event logs by setting the option to "Enable", which is located in the Advanced/Event Log Configuration section of the BIOS Setup utility and press to save the new settings and reboot the system.

EOjed
New Contributor I

Ok here it goes:

It worked if started from WIN XP. I have a WDC Velociraptor (300GB 10,000RPM) connected to SATA PORT 0. It has 2 bootable partitions one for WIN XP and the other for WIN 7 Ult.

I could not perform the bios upgrade running Win 7. It only worked running Win XP.

Thanks

Salem_W_Intel1
Employee

I confirm if the bios upgrade worked running Windows* XP, that means it got updated, alright.

EOjed
New Contributor I

That is correct, it did get updated completely from Win XP.