Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JTrin
Beginner

DH55TC Motherboard installed with wrong BIOS?

Jump to solution

I have a DH55TC motherboard, this board is supposed to have BIOS of [TCIBX10H.86A] but when I checked my BIOS version it says [TCIBX10H.44T].0010.2010.0628.1443, 6/28/2010. Express BIOS update isn't working because of this and I'm worried that if I update through DOS by booting with a flashdrive, I might end up with a paperweight. I need some help. I've been trying to upgrade my RAm for the past 2 weeks, this is the only thing that's preventing my PC from booting up.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solutions
n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

The 44T is an indicator that this board has an OEM-specific custom BIOS installed. You cannot upgrade this BIOS with standard BIOS (86A) releases.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
n_scott_pearson

The 44T is an indicator that this board has an OEM-specific custom BIOS installed. You cannot upgrade this BIOS with standard BIOS (86A) releases.

View solution in original post

JTrin
Beginner

Thanks for replying and pointing that out. Will I still be able to reflash it with the standard BIOS? If so, can you provide me the methods on how to flash it properly, the guide on the support page is a bit confusing.

n_scott_pearson

No, you can not. You must go through the OEM for BIOS updates (though I rather doubt there will be any)...

Sorry,

...S