Intel® Desktop Boards
Peer-to-peer support only
Announcements
This community is designed for sharing of public information. Please do not share Intel or third-party confidential information here.
11451 Discussions

DH61AG Audio header plug

idata
Community Manager

Hi I am after the 2x9 pin plug and terminals for the surround sound port as this plug is smaller than your standard header plugs I can not seem to be able to find any.

I am trying to make a lead to go to an internal multichannel amplifer.

Any suggestions as to where these can be purchased would be greatful.

0 Kudos
9 Replies
PMurp4
Valued Contributor II

Numberonekiwi wrote:

Any suggestions as to where these can be purchased would be greatful.

That'll depend where you're located but a good start would be your regional Intel office - addresses and phone numbers etc can be obtained through the Intel website. TE Connectivity have helped me out in the past with connectors for motherboards (back when they used to be called Tyco Electronics). Another common brand of connectors used in PCs is Molex. Again you will need to google their websites and see if they have a presence local to you.

idata
Community Manager

Thanks for that reply TE worked out as an expensive option here in NZ but found Element14 ( formerlly farnell )

PMurp4
Valued Contributor II

I didn't even realise there was a Farnell over there (they're big over here in the UK though) - maybe they arrived in NZ after I left (back in 2000). Glad you've now got it sorted

cgues
Beginner

So what was your final answer on this connector. I have been waiting for weeks trying to get a answer out of intel.

Thanx

Craig

DArce
Valued Contributor III

We provide the interface to be used by a system manufacturer that would construct or have the option to provide their own solution to use this interface. From our side we just provide the pin out for this interface as we do not manufacture cables for that.

http://downloadmirror.intel.com/20068/eng/DH61AG_ProductGuide01_English.pdf http://downloadmirror.intel.com/20068/eng/DH61AG_ProductGuide01_English.pdf

cgues
Beginner

Hi there

Does anyone know what the pin spacing is on the surround audio connector.

Thanx

Craig

MFons2
Beginner

The Front Panel Audio Header has a spacing of 2 mm between pins on the same row and also between pin rows. Each pin itself is less than 1 mm wide:

Pin1 Pin2 ...

| |<- (2 mm) ->| | ...

^

(<1mm)

It's the same pitch as the USB header connector but keying is different. Maybe you will do with plastic studs inserted on an open connector. Hope that helps,

Miguel

cgues
Beginner

Hi there

thanx again for your help. One more question. How does the sense work on this port? In the Hd audio there were sense and returns. this connector only has sense. Does the sense get connected to gound just to identify that there is a connector installed? Is there a pull up resistor required? what would the value be?

Thanx

Craig

MFons2
Beginner

I hope you could test the connector pitch using a USB header before ordering your parts. Unfortunately, as a software developer, even though I usually work in low level things, I have no idea of the inner workings of the detection or retasking of the connectors at the hardware level.

In fact, I was hoping someone could answer my question on rewiring the header internally, which by the way, seems to be in the same line as yours ( /thread/42636 http://communities.intel.com/thread/42636 ). I think it's more probable that you have an answer to my question, which I'd really appreciate. Best regards,

Miguel