Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
idata
Community Manager

DH61AG | new gen. Bios 105 breaks TV Card recognise

We are developing digital Signage Systems using the DH61AG. Since 2 Years we are build System with the

same HW.

On two of my test systems Installed the new Bios gen 105. (Update from old gen 45 to 99 transition,104,105).

Since that day the bios has problems to recognize and initialize the TV Tuner Card stable. some time it

works, sometimes the card is not detected and not visible in the Bios. it's a try and error game with power on / off

Both system where in the lab for over 1 year without any problem detecting the PCI-E Tuner Card (heavy daily use)we didn't touch the HW from

the system for over one year, only the bios update was done. since that, I observe on both system the same behavior.

it is not the Tuner HW Card, its definably some changes in the Bios.

Unfortunately it's not possible to downgrade to 45 Bios Version, so the system are broken at the moment.

Does any one else run into this issue ?

Intel please help and fix it in the next Bios. (106 ?)

Thx.

0 Kudos
36 Replies
Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

Hello,

We are going to report you inquire to the appropriate department so they can check BIOS version 105.

Our recommendation for this issue would be to rollback to BIOS version 0104 using the BIOS recovery method and test if the TV turner works, instructions will be found here:

http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/sb/CS-023360.htm Desktop Boards — Instructions for Recovery BIOS update

Regards.

ANoel
Beginner

Hello,

I was just wondering if there is a fix for this problem. As I have just purchased these boards and the PCI-E slot wont work

n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

The message remains the same as last year. Intel exited the motherboards business a number of years ago and all boards have been end-of-lifed. There are no resources left to look into BIOS issues. No further BIOS updates are forthcoming. Your only recourse - available only if your board is still under warranty (i.e. within 3 years from date of original purchase) - is the request of a replacement board.

Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

Dan can you please provide me the system configuration:

* Desktop Board: DH61AG

* Onboard Options Used (i.e. Video, Audio, LAN):

* Current BIOS:

* Power Supply:

* Processor:

* Memory:

* Operating System:

*TV Tuner Card Model number:

Regards.

idata
Community Manager

Desktop Board: DH61AG

System A: G23736-400

System B: G23736-502

* Onboard Options Used (i.e. Video, Audio, LAN):

CPU/GPU Video,HDMI Audio, LAN, msata

* Current BIOS:

System A: 105

System B: 106

* Power Supply:

LITEON PA-1151-03 150W

* Processor:

System A : i3-2100T

System B : i3-3225

* Memory:

System A: 4 GB

System B: 4 GB

* Operating System:

Windows 7 & Windows 8

*TV Tuner Card Model number:

Digital Devices Cine S2 (DVB-S2)

We tested also Bios 104,105,106 -> same behavior

Another System with same configuration , just with BIOS 42 is working without any problems.

We also exchanged the TV Tuners , with BIOS 42 all Tuner are working as expected.

EMind
Beginner

Desktop Board: DH61AG

AA number: AAG23736-400

Report ID: 0192 0447

TV Tuner Card Model number: TBS 6920

Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

Minder, are you having the same behavior? I am going to try to replicate the issue. I will keep you posted.

Regards.

EMind
Beginner

Yes, with new bios (099,104,105 and 106) the pci status is "not populated".

I played around with some settings, loaded bios defaults but no success.

Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

Minder,

Thanks for the information, we are still working on this. I''ll keep you posted.

cgues
Beginner

I am also experiencing the same issue only it was the mini pcie full slot. I was using an avermedia a317 in the mini pci-e slot and all was well with the original bios on the board. After updating to bios 106 my A317 was no longer detected. I though it was the card so i bought a new mini pcie card the habey hm-ma5070. Still the same problem the device not detected. I also know it is not the cards because they both work fine in my laptop. Please lets get a working bios for this board.

Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

Hello Playwithittoo,

I send your situation to the engineering team, so they can check it out. We are still working on this.

Regards.

MFons2
Beginner

This happenned to me too ( /message/193837 http://communities.intel.com/message/193837 ) and would like to know what the engineering department has discovered about our problem. As I mentioned in my previous post, and since my warranty is still valid, I would gladly RMA my board as soon as possible, so engineering has another sample of the problem to dig in... how do we proceed with this?

Miguel

idata
Community Manager

Sylvia, please give us a short Status update about the progress.

Thanks

Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

Dan, the engineering team is still working on trying to get a new BIOS version in order to fix this issue.

I apologized.

TWang27
Beginner

I too am having this issue. My issue occurred going from 045 to 099.

I utilize an i3-3200, Intel mSATA 525 30GB, 4GB memory.

Also, I do not have audio over HDMI any longer. Worked fine with all BiOS up to 045.

Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

Goatster, you may want to try updating the BIOS to version 0104, it might fix this audio issue.

We are still waiting for a new BIOS version for this motherboard.

Regards.

TWang27
Beginner

Sylvia,

I look forward to an update on the progress of the new version of BiOS. I have a setup identical to my above described and ALL works well with version 023.

Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

Thanks for the information Goatster, I am going to share this with the Engineering Team

idata
Community Manager

Sylvia,

since 10.07.2013 we didn't get any Information, update or a new bios version.

Will there ever be a new bios ? Or is this the end of the product support ?

Regards,

Daniel

#

idata
Community Manager

Like others, I found out the new-gen BIOS (versions 099 - 106) breaks HDMI audio on my DH61AG (with 2nd-gen Core processor running Win7). I've tried clean installs, reset BIOS settings, etc. etc., so I'm stuck. I've seen this same issue reported in several places, so I would also like to know: Will this ever be fixed?