Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cgues
Beginner

DH61AG not detecting mini pcie cards after bios update

Jump to solution

Hello there

I recently purchased a DH61AG motherboard. I chose it mainly because of the 2 mini pcie slots on the board. It has an I3 3225 cpu and 8g of ram. I believe it was on bios revision 44 when I bought it. The mini pcie slots are populated with an intel 6235 wifi card and an avermedia a317 tv tuner card. All was working well until I upgraded to the A106 bios. At this point my tuner card was no longer detected. Thinking that the problem was with the tuner card I purchased a new one, Habey hb-mat5070. When I installed this card it also was not detected. I installed both tuners in an older laptop I have and both cards were detected and worked fine. This leads me to believe that (A) the bios has caused a problem with my board, (B) defective board. I have seen other posts about the A106 bios messing up the pcie slot so I guess I am probably in the same boat. Is there any workaround to downgrade the bios back to the 44 revision. Can we expect a fix to this anytime soon, or should I just RMA the board to get a replacement with a downgraded bios. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanx

Craig

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

Craig,

Thanks for the information provided. We already escalated this situation to the engineering department.

Once you updated the BIOS to the latest version, there is not possible to go back to version 0044.

I would recommend you to RMA the board is you are able to do it. In the mean time we are trying to find a solution.

Regards.

View solution in original post

10 Replies
Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

Craig,

Thanks for the information provided. We already escalated this situation to the engineering department.

Once you updated the BIOS to the latest version, there is not possible to go back to version 0044.

I would recommend you to RMA the board is you are able to do it. In the mean time we are trying to find a solution.

Regards.

View solution in original post

MFons2
Beginner

This happenned to me before as I noted it in ( /message/193837 http://communities.intel.com/message/193837 ). Any news from the engineers? In my case the warranty is still valid. How do I proceed for RMA ? Thanks in advance for all your help,

Miguel

Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

Hello Miguel,

You need to contact your local support group for assistance on replacing your motherboard. The phone number in Costa Rica is the following 0800-011-1174

Regards.

cgues
Beginner

Hi there

Any updates as when a new bios update might be released? I don't want to have to send the board back.

Thanx

Craig

Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

Craig, we are still waiting for an answer from the engineering team.

cgues
Beginner

Hi there

Any updates on a new bios yet? It has been over a month now.

Thanx

Craig

Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

No yet Craig.

However, please let me know something. When you updated the BIOS, did you jump from version 0044 to 0106?

Before updating the BIOS we recommend to check which BIOS version is installed. Then, check how many versions are between the current BIOS and the latest one. Then, depending on that, try to install 1 or 2 versions before going to the latest.

This specific model has 14 different BIOS versions, which means there are many fixes between one and another.

Also, let me know which operating system are you using?

Regards.

cgues
Beginner

Hi there

Is there any progress on this yet? I have rma'd the board twice and still the full length mini pcie slot will not detect my tv tuner cards. The second board just came. It had bios 106 on it, still no detection. I updated to bios 108 still no detection. I know that both tuner cards work, because they both function in a lowly core 2 duo laptop. I thought technology was supposed to get better. Is there a secret bios tweak or setting or jumper that I am missing? Is there any hope of having the mini pcie slot working properly? I have tried both windows 7 64 and windows 8 64. The card is not shown as detected in the bios. It also does not show up in the device manager as unknown device or anything else. I have installed the drivers but the card just doesn't get picked up. Please help.

Thanx

Craig

MSkus
Beginner

Hi there,

I am watching this topic for over a year now and apparently nothing happened.

A lot of people have problems with this issue and Intel is still asking for hardware version numbers and operating systems. Where is the bug fix?

By the way, there is another thread with the same topic and both are dead.

We have hundreds of customers which have trouble with their systems right now and our success on the market is going down. We can do nothing on this problem, Intel has to deliver a Bios update.

If there are still any questions, we will help. Even the manufacturer of our TV-cards will give you a sample card to find the problem.

Our "next generation set top box" is based on the Intel NUC, but if the support will be the same, there is no reason to stay any longer on intel hardware.

Other companies are able to fix those problems easily and the hardware is even cheaper.

It is time to act!

Regards from Germany

Michael
Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

Michael, I reply to your post on this thread