Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KChan63
Beginner

DH61BE: Issues with ALL USB ports

I just built this computer and I installed Windows 7 with no issues. Originally, it had 048 BIOS and I wanted to upgrade to the latest. So I first did the 099 update then the 115 update. Now none of my USB ports work for more than a couple of seconds after the computer boots, including all USB 2.0 and 3.0 and even the front panel USB... This is frustrating as I'm spending too much time on this! I can access the BIOS using a PS/2 keyboard and that's about it, but this board is useless with the USB ports... I've removed one of the two sticks of memory, reset to factory defaults in BIOS and even tried recovery to an earlier BIOS (>099) to no avail. pr

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
13 Replies
KChan63
Beginner

Can ANYONE help? Do I have to RMA the board or something? It doesn't seem to be anything physically wrong as the ports worked in 048 but not in 115...

Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

Hello Xtrem,

• You will be able to find the instructions on how to do a BIOS recovery on the following link http://Desktop Boards — Instructions for Recovery BIOS update Desktop Boards — Instructions for Recovery BIOS update

• Then, you can update the BIOS to version 0111 since this version fixed issue where USB 3.0 ports do not work

Regards.

idata
Community Manager

Hi, here happens the same with BIOS 115 USB2 ports "won't work" when powering off machine and powering on(with reset option/button they work fine). Reverting back to BIOS 113 and USB2 ports work fine again.

So as I see now solution is don't upgrade to 115 stay/reflash with 113.

DCaub
Beginner

Hello,

I have had the same issue. Flashing to the latest Bios version 115 gives problems with USB ports after a shut down and reboot the PC's usb ports will not work anymore .

So the PC is booting windows but no keyboard & mouse is working.

Reflash to 113 solves the problem but on 113 there are issues with the USB 3 ports when i read the improvements of 115 (the version that is not working)

Dont understand why Intel is releasing Bios versions without testing ?

So when is there a working 115 ?

Thanks

Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

Dcaub, thanks for the information provided, I am going to check on this right away.

Please let me know if you tried to do a BIOS recovery to version 0109 and then updated to BIOS 0111?

Regards.

DCaub
Beginner

Hello,

When i sell a new PC i upgrade the bios always to the latest version to be sure of as less problems possible.

The mainboard came out of the package with a bios version around ver 40 or so , I have upgraded in steps because it would not work directly to 115.

The 113 is working for the moment but in the list of improvements in ver 115 there is listed that in lower versions USB 3.0 is not stable. Since my client has a scanner connected to the USB 3.0 port i should prefer to have a stable USB 3.0 port.

Thanks

Didier

idata
Community Manager

@Dcaub

From "old" BIOS 40 or previous yo must first upgrade to 99 and then no problem upgrading to 109,111,..

The problem with 115 is that USB ports are turned off after powering off the machine (at least here is what is happening).

So IMHO to be safe, stay/test BIOS 113 with such scanner.

DCaub
Beginner

Yes, this is the problem. So Intel has as BUG in their BIOS version because they didnt try it after release it.

I think the smallest thing you can do is reboot a PC for test . Even this they didnt do

And a new version is also not urgent seems , this error is listed on this board from 17 may so almost a month and still no update . Verry good support @ Intel

idata
Community Manager

Maybe nobody told intel such problem?

(intel are you reading this thread?!?!?!?) ;-)

Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

@Dcaub and @RMA,

I really appreciate the information provided about this situation. Could you please use the Intel® System Identification Utility using the following site? http://www.intel.com/support/siu_la.htm?wapkw=%28siu%29 http://www.intel.com/support/siu_la.htm?wapkw=%28siu%29

That will generate an 8 digits code called Report Reference ID. Please let us have that code, this will provide us information on what is being detected on your system.

In addition please fill in the following information:

-AA number and Serial number of the motherboard:

-Processor model:

-Memory manufacturer and part number:

-Wattage and model of the power supply installed:

-Which USB device is being used?

Regards.

Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

Guys,

We are working on a new BIOS in order to fix this issue. In the mean time I recommend you to roll back to BIOS version 0113.

I will let you know when this new version will be available.

Thanks.

DCaub
Beginner

Thanks for the info.

best regards

Didier

Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

Guys,

The new BIOS version 0116 is now available under the following link. https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=22879&lang=eng&OSVersion=%0A%09%09%0...

This link belongs to the DH61BE motherboard; however it is valid for the boards below.

Intel® Desktop Board DH61BE

Intel® Desktop Board DH61CR

Intel® Desktop Board DH61DL

Intel® Desktop Board DH61SA

Intel® Desktop Board DH61WW

Intel® Desktop Board DH61ZE

• Fixed issue where SATA3 ports are unstable for operating system installation.
  • Fixed issue where USB ports randomly fail.
  • Fixed issue where PS/2 keyboard LED does not turn off when system is off.
  • Fixed issue where PCIe slot 2 loses functionality when LAN is disabled. PCIe Slot 3 can be selected when inserting device into PCIe slot 2.
  • Fixed issue where PS/2 devices still work in the operating system when the PS/2 port is disabled in BIOS.

If your system's current BIOS version is 0048 or earlier, you must first update to version 0099 before updating to 0109 or later.

BIOS version 0099 added support for Microsoft Windows 8*. Due to structural changes in this BIOS version, once a board has been converted to this version or later, it will no longer be possible to downgrade the BIOS to version 0048 or earlier. Attempting a BIOS downgrade to a previous version may fail – the board BIOS will remain at its current version.

Regards.