Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Novice

DH61HO board BIOS 0816 update Capsule Header Invalid Please Help

I am using "DH61HO" Board and am trying to update BIOS from (https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28300?v=t) with f7 method and in starting it shows error that "Capsule Header Invalid" and won't happen, can someone please help me out of this, am realy want to upgrade help!!!

MY CURRENT BIOS VERSION\DATE : HOH6110H.86A.0011.2012.0530.1036, 30-05-2012

0 Kudos
15 Replies
Highlighted
Super User

You are attempting to jump from 0011 to 0816. At a minimum, I would try going to 0813 first, then to 0816.

But, before you do that, let us get a confirmation from @n.scott.pearson​ 

Doc

Highlighted
Novice

i try but i cant able to find 0813 all the links forward me to intel official support but at official site only 0816 is available

what to do :(

Highlighted
Super User Retired Employee

Version 0813 has been reposted and is available here: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28893/BIOS-Update-HOH6110H-86A-.

...S

Highlighted
Novice

Thanks You All

I even didn't expecting that type of excellent support from intel for a 2012 product.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Novice

After successfully install 813 version i successfully install 816 version

Thank You Intel For Support😍

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super User

When Intel ceased making desktop boards in 2013, it deeply affected Scott and me, as these boards hold a special place in our hearts.

Alas, times change. If you are looking at new hardware for the future, you will not be disappointed by some of the NUC configurations.

Doc

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Novice

Hi, there​

Am facing issues after bios update to 816

Beeping issue, it beeps three times likely ram error because of it i cleaned all the cabinet but still it is not every time since i update my bios it beeps after servel days and then i have to restart it 2 or 3 times then it starts normally.

Can i downgrade my bios to 813 and how?

Please help😵

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super User

You can do the recovery method described here: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005630/boards-and-kits.html

First, however, I would try to use only one stick of memory at a time, until I isolated the offending stick. You may also want to check your power supply (or use a different power supply).

Doc

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Intermittent startup issues like this are a sure sign of borderline-working memory. I agree with Al, test DIMMs alone and in combinations to find borderline-working DIMM. You might also want to use something like MemTest86+ to test the operation of these DIMMs. Intermittent (inconsistent power generation) power supplies can also cause these issues.

...S

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Novice

Dear sir,

I​ tried to recover bios via jumper method but after removing jumper and turn on pc with bootable usb 813 file in it with "rufus" software

My pc starts with black screen nothing happens usb is plugged in before removing jumper and i replug usb and restart but nothing happens screen black.

Plz help

The issues am facing:

Many times my ram decreases to 4gb until i plug out both and reinstalled them

1st it happens 4 times till now and​, When ram decreases i plug out one ram (pc is on) to know which one is defected and i know but the second time other ram seems defaulted then i go for ram port check i exchange ram slots and ram decreasetion happened now with the other port

So as am going to know something wrong with the bios

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Novice

Can i downgrade to the last version of bios i have that 2012 one's​

0 Kudos
Highlighted

The BIOS Recovery process is documented here: Intel Desktop Boards Recovery BIOS Update Instructions. Nowhere does it mention using Rufus.

Please read these instructions carefully before continuing. As well, note - and follow - these additional instructions:

1. Use USB 2.0 flash drive. Do not use USB 3.0 flash drives.
  2. On a Windows-based PC (NOT a PC running Linux or MACOS), use the standard Windows Format dialog​ to reformat the flash drive using the FAT32 file system (and ONLY the FAT32 file system) and with the Quick Format option disabled. If Format app doesn't offer FAT32 as a choice, this means flash drive is too big; get a smaller one.
  3. Place BIOS .BIO file (and ONLY one .BIO file) onto flash drive.
  4. Properly eject the flash drive to ensure no corruption.
  5. Insert flash drive in black USB 2.0 port on the back panel of the board to be updated. Do not use blue USB 3.0 or yellow​ USB Charging ports. Do not use any front panel USB ports.

Hope this helps,

...S​

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Novice

Can i downgrade to gthe version that i initially have, 2012 version of bios​

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Novice

Can you provide me that old 2012 version in which my 3rd gen Proccesor​ will not be effective (bios version of 2012 that supports 3rd gen Proccesor)

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super User

There were SIX bios updates in 2012. None of those files are available for download.

https://downloadmirror.intel.com/28300/eng/HO_0816_ReleaseNotes.pdf

Doc

0 Kudos