Intel® Desktop Boards
Peer-to-peer support only
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!
11358 Discussions

DH61SA BIOS version after 0038

Geekss
Beginner
I have a DH61SA motherboard,currently having bios version-BEH6110H.86A.0038.2012.0110.1653 .
I want to update my bios to the latest bios version, please provide me all the files(i don't know much about realeases),as i am unable get some function
Also please guide me how should i attempt my bios update.
0 Kudos
8 Replies
Geekss
Beginner

Further i saw it just now that my bios version was discontinued by intel due to booting issue after update,will there be a problem if i update my bios, @n_scott_pearson can you please help me.

n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

I have attached a ZIp file providing the files you need. A full description of process necessary can be found here: https://community.intel.com/t5/Intel-Desktop-Boards/Suche-Donwloadm%C3%B6glichkeit-f%C3%BCr-BEH6110H.... I always recommend using the BIOS Recovery process but user had success using other methods. Read the whole conversation before trying anything.

...S

Geekss
Beginner

@n_scott_pearson  in your previous answer which you quoted , did the step 21 will recover my bios to previous version??

n_scott_pearson
Huh? Step 21? Why would you want to go to a previous version? You need to go forward.
...S
Geekss
Beginner

I was just thinking about possiblities, if something went wrong! 

n_scott_pearson

If something goes wrong in this process, there's no recovery and the board goes to recycling. Not trying to scare you any extra, but we've already seen folks screw it up ignoring my advice.

...S

Geekss
Beginner

I have successfully uodated the bios to 0120 version following its transitions without messing up. By recovery bios uodate method,thanks to you.

n_scott_pearson

I should have mentioned this before: If something goes wrong, it is typically the Intel Management Engine (ME) getting into a non-recoverable state. One way to verify whether anything has gone wrong is to use F2 at POST to go into BIOS Setup. Scroll down and select the entry with a name something like Additional System Info. Once in that scene, scroll down to the bottom of the display. There will be an entry for the ME F/W Revision Number. If this displays as blanks or as 0.0.0.0, then the ME is not running properly. Often, once in this state, the situation is non-recoverable. The only way to avoid or recover from this is to use the jumper-based BIOS Recovery process.

...S