cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kmercado16
Novice

DH61WW BIOS Update and Procedure from 0020 up to 0120

Good day Sirs

I have my old DH61WW Motherboard and im planning to update it to the latest version because im planning to buy new graphics card, and recently came to my knowledge that all of the BIOS and drivers are pulled out on the official website of Intel. is there a way for me to update my current version (0020) up to the latest (0120). Im attaching the my board version picture for reference

And sorry for my other comment on active threads im just looking for help. Thanks in advance

Board Version Pic.jpg

19 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

I have attached the files that I have. Each of the BIOS provided must be installed, one at a time, using the BIOS Recovery process. Do not use iFlash and especially do not use Windows EBU executables. 

For information on the BIOS Recovery process, consult Intel Desktop Boards Recovery BIOS Update Instructions. For this board and BIOS, is is also worth consulting this document: Updating the BIOS to Support 3rd Generation Intel Core Processors

To help you better, here are my step-by-step instructions for BIOS Recovery:

1. NOTE: Read these instructions completely before starting. Follow all instructions EXACTLY.
  2. On some other Windows-based PC, make sure that you have the .BIO file for the BIOS release you wish to install.
  3. Insert a 32GB or smaller (the smaller the better and the older the better) USB 2.0 flash drive into the PC. Do not use USB 3.0 flash drives (most are not compatible). It is also best if you use a flash drive that has an access LED that you can watch.
  4. Format this USB flash drive using the Windows Format applet. Select to install the FAT32 file system (NOT vFAT, NOT exFAT; FAT32 only). You must also specify that the Quick Format option be Disabled (unchecked).
  5. NOTE: If FAT32 is not offered as a choice by the Format applet, your flash drive is too big; use another.
  6. Copy the .BIO file into the root folder of this USB flash drive. This should be the only .BIO file in the root folder of the USB flash drive.
  7. Properly eject the USB flash drive. Do not just yank it out. Do this from File Explorer or using the Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media System Tray applet.
  8. Power off the Desktop Board system.
  9. Remove the yellow BIOS Configuration jumper from the board. It will be the only yellow jumper; the rest will usually be black.
  10. NOTE: Remember the pins that this jumper was plugged onto; you will need this information later.
  11. Plug the USB flash drive into one of the black USB 2.0 ports on the back panel of the board. Do not use blue or yellow USB 3.0 port. Do not use any front panel USB ports.
  12. Power on the system.
  13. The BIOS Recovery process should start automatically. You should see a progress report on your main monitor.
  14. NOTE: If you do not see a progress report displayed on a monitor, do not power off the system for at least 15 minutes. While it is rare, it is possible for the process to proceed without an onscreen display; you must give it ample time to complete, just in case.
  15. When the BIOS Recovery process is complete, you will be asked to power off the system. Do so.
  16. Restore the yellow BIOS Configuration jumper to the pins it was on previously. This should be across pins 1 and 2 of this (three pin) header.
  17. Remove the USB flash drive from the back panel of the board.
  18. Power on the board.
  19. Immediately begin pressing the F2 key, over and over (approx. once per second) until you see the BIOS Setup (or Visual BIOS) screen displayed.
  20. Verify, using the BIOS version string, that the BIOS installed properly. Stop if it isn't.
  21. Press the F9 key (followed by the Y key) to reset of the BIOS configuration.
  22. Press the F10 key (followed by the Y key) to save the BIOS Configuration and exit BIOS Setup.
  23. Once screen is cleared (goes black), begin pressing the F2 key, over and over, until you see the BIOS Setup screen displayed.
  24. Make any changes to the BIOS configuration that you desire (for example, disabling NUMLOCK) or that you require (for example, setting Boot Order, enabling UEFI, etc.).
  25. Press the F10 key (followed by the Y key) to save the BIOS Configuration and exit BIOS Setup.
  26. Test.

Now, since you have to install a number of BIOS releases, here is an overall process to follow:

1. Use this above process to get BIOS 48 installed.
  2. Delete the .BIO file from the USB flash disk.
  3. Starting from Step 6, use the above process to install BIOS 99.
  4. Delete the .BIO file from the USB flash disk.
  5. Starting from Step 6, use the above process to install BIOS 120.

Good luck. If you cannot get the BIOS to recognise your USB flash disk, get a smaller/older one.

Again, do not use iFlash or EBU executables. Use only the BIOS Recovery process to install these old BIOS.

...S

kmercado16
Novice

@n_scott_pearson thanks very much sir, i will follow the steps  i will update you, again thanks

Eyad-Do
Beginner

Hello my friend, did the method work for you?
I have the same type you have and I want to update it

n_scott_pearson

Someone else was going through the same upgrade. He was unable to use the BIOS Recovery process. check out the process he used here: https://community.intel.com/t5/Intel-Desktop-Boards/Suche-Donwloadm%C3%B6glichkeit-f%C3%BCr-BEH6110H.... The conversation also includes attachment providing all the BIO files you will need.

...S

kmercado16
Novice

sir @n_scott_pearson  will this same method work with my DH61WW board? because im planning to do it this weekend, thank you!

kmercado16
Novice

@Eyad-Do sorry i was not able to do it yet because i was still busy at work and weekends but im currently reading now the thread that sir @n_scott_pearson posted on this thread, i think i will try the lastest thread.

rodregz
Beginner

good day sir can you help me pls. i want to update my bios my current bios is 0041 what is the next update should i do? can you tell me all i need up to 0120. thank you hope you can help me.

AlHill
Super User

Did you read this thread?  It has very detailed instructions.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)

rodregz
Beginner

Ok sir thank you i well try it. Threads start update at 0048 before 0099 and 120. Its ok if i update to 0048 my current version is 0041 is it ok to go 0048? Or i just need to update in 0041 before go to 0048?
rodregz
Beginner

Its work on my bios thank you so much now i have the latest bios update from 0041 now 0120 thanks u so much.
KVenkat
Beginner

I have Intel mother board bios version BEH6110H.86A.0016 right now. And I want to update it to latest 0120 version. Can I directly follow your procedure to update from 0016 to 0120. And does 0120 version supports UEFI and secure boot? Please help me sir.

tommy23
Beginner

I confirm: upgrading from 038 -->048 --> 099 was done successfully just by running Windows 7 executable for BIOS.

However: after installing BIOS 099 : I couldn no longer boot to SATA or USB drives.

you will NOT be able to use the F7 for BIOS upgrade with 0120.bio due to some strange flash error. that is expected.

you can still do it if you follow this:

use BIOS factory recovery method for BIOS 120. first enable startup beeps in bios.

1. power down machine. opened case

2. find & removed yellow BIOS clip - look near the SATA connectors (remember its pinned position: pin 1 & 2)

3. inserted a FAT32 USB with only one file on it : 0120.bio

4. power up: screen is blank but 3 beeps were heard when BIOS updated started and another series when BIOS update finished.

5. power down, return the yellow clip to its original location in MB.

6. power up: I was able to boot to Windows 7 with BIOS 120.

AlHill
Super User

Before you get too excited, what does the bios say about your ME version?  0.0.0.0?

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Windows 11 is the new Vista]

tommy23
Beginner

tommy23
Beginner

@AlHill  can you look at the screen shot I posted earlier and tell what is ME ?

n_scott_pearson

When you go into the System Identification Information scene, note that there is more information than will fit on the display. You need to scroll down to the bottom to see the ME firmware revision. If it is blank or 0.0.0.0, then the ME is not working and you are in trouble.

...S

tommy23
Beginner

tommy23
Beginner

I wonder if that MB can really take 3rd gen i7-3770

n_scott_pearson

From what I can see,

• Your board is a fab that supports 3rd gen processors and this specifically includes the i7-3770 family processors.
  • Your BIOS and ME F/W versions both support 3rd gen processors and this specifically includes the i7-3770 family processors.

See these documents for more information:

Updating the BIOS to Support 3rd Generation Intel Core Processors

Supported Processors for Intel Desktop Board DH61WW

Tested Peripherals for Intel Desktop Board DH61WW

System Memory for Intel Desktop Board DH61WW

Hope this helps,

...S