Intel® Desktop Boards
Peer-to-peer support only
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!
11358 Discussions

DH61WW Catastropgic Power Event has occurred

BBala2
Beginner

Dear Sir/Madam,

Recently,I have installed Windows 10 Anniversary Update.Since then I am getting the below issue.

During a game play,my system suddenly gets turned off by itself and stay silent for 3-5 secs and automatically turning back ON with the following message on Boot:

"Intel power Supervisor has detected a catastrophic power event has occurred. please check your system power supply if this problem persists."

The following are my system compatibility:

Windows : Win 10 Pro

Board Model : DH61WW

Board Version : AAG23116-300

Bios Version : BEH6110H.86A.0044.2012.0531.1710

Processor : i3-2120 3.30GHz

RAM : 4 GB

Graphics Card : Nvidia GeForce 210

I have attached here with a photo of the warning during the boot.

I have tried removing the battery.But,it doesn't work.

Please help me on solving the above problem.Thank you.

Regards,

Balaji

0 Kudos
1 Solution
n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

This message means that the IPS circuitry on the board has detected either a surge or droop in power. The source for such issues is usually (almost always) the power supply. I suggest that you obtain (borrow if possible) another power supply and, if this alleviates the issue, replace your original power supply...

Hope this helps,

...S

View solution in original post

4 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

This message means that the IPS circuitry on the board has detected either a surge or droop in power. The source for such issues is usually (almost always) the power supply. I suggest that you obtain (borrow if possible) another power supply and, if this alleviates the issue, replace your original power supply...

Hope this helps,

...S

View solution in original post

idata
Community Manager

Hi Balaji1993,

Please let me know if Scott's suggestion helps you.

Regards,

Hellen.

BBala2
Beginner

Dear Sir,

Thanks for the reply.I have not faced such an issue after your recommendation.Thank you.

Regards,

Balaji

idata
Community Manager

Hi Balaji1993,

It is great to know that your computer is working as it should, do not hesitate to contact us back.

Regards,

Hellen.