Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

DH67BL Bios zerschossen

Beim Bios update eines DH67BL habe ich den Zwischenschrit übersehen und direkt auf die 0160 Vesion. Nun macht der PC Außer die Betriebsleuchte nix mehr, kein Bild. Auch beim Recoveryupdate tut sich nix mehr. Gibt es da eine Lösung außer es zu entsorgen?

0 Kudos
13 Replies
Highlighted
Retired Employee

Re: DH67BL Bios zerschossen

Please fully describe the steps that you followed and what you are now seeing. What BIOS did you start from? What BIOS(s) did you install. What process did you follow for installation (F7, iFlash, Windows, Recovery)? Have you tried unplugging from A/C power and removing the CR2032 battery from the board for (minimum) 15 minutes?

...S

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

It was a ole one, I forgett the Step to Flash it to 132 and than to 0160. I did it with the F7 and I get no Error, but after the restart it was only the Power Lamp. I put of the Jumper and the Battery.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

..Old one.. I don´t know the Version

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Normally, you need to update the bios gradually if you have a very old version installed.

Were you able to follow Scott's recommendations?

Allan.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Yes, but nothing happens. Only power Lamp and the Cooler fan start up. The Monitor do not start up, and no Picture. I try it to without Battery and AC off for a longer time. I don´t see the notice that it need to upate to 0132 first.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

I try to recover it over CD, USB, Ext Hdd and Ext CD Drive nothing work. I uptate with F7 and the build in Flash Programm.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Retired Employee

If you skipped the important incremental updates and managed to put it into a bad state, the two things to try are (1) clearing CMOS (i.e the battery removal process) and (2) BIOS installation via Recovery Method (as documented here: http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/boards-and-kits/000005630.html?wapkw=bios+recovery Intel Desktop Boards Recovery BIOS Update Instructions). In the latter case, you might want to try using the Recovery Method to install a BIOS close to your original version. If this works, you can then try (properly) working your way up to the latest BIOS. If it doesn't, however, there is no other remedy to try; sorry, you will have to replace the board.

..S

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

I try all. but nothing happen, so I think I need to replace it

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

If the motherboard still under 3 years of purchase, you can request warranty at http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/contact-support.html Contact Support

I have sent a private message. Please check your Inbox.

Allan.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Thank you, but I think that is an older one

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi,

I have sent another private message.

Allan.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Hi,

now I've found all these information about people bricking their DH67-Boards right after I bricked mine. Wouldn't it be useful to put a big fat warning sign on the BIOS download page? Maybe some hint that this update will have a high likelihood of bricking your system? And could you also please show me where the hint was placed to do incremental updates? I've read it here in the forums, but neither the changelog (I've read before updating) said something about version compatibility nor the readme (which was not shipped with the download, but placed as a tiny link at the bottom outside of the "detailed description" area). I've so lost faith in Intel by performing this update. I think you easily can guess what my replacement desktop system will not have "inside".

Best regards,

Hans

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

https://downloadmirror.intel.com/22273/eng/BL_0160_ReleaseNotes.pdf https://downloadmirror.intel.com/22273/eng/BL_0160_ReleaseNotes.pdf

Look at the Release Notes.. only there is this Warning:

Warning:

BIOS version 0151 includes support for 3rd Generation Intel® Core

™ processors. Due to structural changes in this BIOS version, once a board has been converted to this version or later, it will no longer be possible to downgrade the BIOS to version 0132 or earlier. Attempting a BIOS downgrade to a previous version may fail – the board BIOS will remain at its current version.

To fully enable support for these processors, follow the special BIOS update steps at Updating the BIOS on 6 Series chipset desktop boards.

0 Kudos