Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ppara5
Valued Contributor I

DH67BL/DH67CL ME driver for Sandy Bridge

This involves W-7 64-bit, i5-2500K, and DH67 boards. If I accept the ME driver on the CD-ROM and allow Windows Update to find the latest one, it ends up at 7.0.0.1118, regardless of whether the BIOS is Sandy-only (0132 and before) or Sandy/Ivy (post-0132). But the only ME driver available at Intel Downloads is 8.1.0.1248, which is for both Sandy and Ivy. Why aren't Intel and Windows Update in sync? Why doesn't Intel still offer 7.0.0.1118?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
idata
Community Manager

You can always get the latest drivers available for your legacy product at downloadcenter.intel.com

As you mentioned, you can get Intel ME 8.1.0.1248 for Intel® 6 series chipset boards.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/21764/Intel-ME-8-Intel-Management-Engine-Driver-for-Intel-... MEI_allOS_8.1.0.1248_1.5M_PV.exe

Allan.

ppara5
Valued Contributor I

I was hoping you'd say that 7.0.0.1118 could be found on intel.com for a limited time, but then again, Intel left the motherboard business a long time ago.

idata
Community Manager

ppara5
Valued Contributor I

Yes, I saw that before, but it is intended for DZ68 boards. Maybe Scott or Al can give an opinion as to how close it would be.

n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

It should be just fine. There is no difference in the ME support between the Z68, P67, H67, Q67, H65 and H61 chipsets.

That said, why are you worrying about installing the MEI driver at all? You are not running any software that needs to communicate with the ME firmware, so this driver will never be used. If you are doing so just to clear the yellow bang in Device Manager, you can use any old MEI version; it isn't going to make any difference to your system's operation...

...S

ppara5
Valued Contributor I

I uninstalled it from our PCs after our previous conversation, but then I noticed that it affected one other place, Devices and Printers (the icon for the system had an '!'). Other family members noticed it and asked me if something was wrong.

The other reason I'm looking at it is that I like to keep a set of current device drivers for all of my boards, whether currently installed or not. Color me bored.

So it provides absolutely no value? Okay, I can explain that to the gang.

n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

In a standard, non-vPro desktop system, the capabilities provided by the ME are almost completely autonomous and no software interaction with it is really necessary. If you really want to install the package so that the device manager yellow bangs are removed, you can.

...S