cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vbo1teo
Beginner

DH67BL Issue

Hello,

Hopefully this helps as Intel indicated that support has been discontinued.

My setup
Base board: DH67BL
Professor: Intel CPU 2.9ghz 2901 MHZ 4 cores
BIOS version: Intel BLH6710h.86A.0146.211.1222.1415 12/22/2011

Ram:8.0

Issues:
1. Screen flickers daily
2. Network adapter not working. Need to enable/disable to access internet

Windows and Network adapters are updated but windows update fails as screen flickers when attempting.

I can get an hour or two before I have to restart hard reset my computer. Not sure if its compatibility issue with windows 10? If so, can I downgrade?

Are there any resolutions to this or should I just throw this out?

Help!
Thanks in advance
0 Kudos
5 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Try a new/different power supply.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)

n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

If the screen is flickering in time with the software that you are running, then yes, definitely, first thing to try is a different power supply. All in all, however, it sounds like this puppy is on its last legs.

...S

vbo1teo
Beginner

Installed new power supply and although not experiencing flickering any longer, it randomly shuts off if I’m watching YouTube as if the video card is bad? But it’s an integrated motherboard? Also, when it restarts, I need to access device manager and toggle “enable/disable” network adapter for internet to work. Are these it or should I just toss it out and get a new tower?
n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

If you are running Windows 10 on this board, neither the onboard video adapter nor the onboard Ethernet PHY are support. That is, Intel does not provide drivers for these components. Microsoft provides compatibility drivers that allow these onboard components to be used, but the operation of these drivers is not the best - and, as you have seen, problems abound. 

For both of these cases, you can use an add-in Graphics card and a PCIe- or USB-based Ethernet adapter. I have to say though that I consider this throwing good money for bad. That is, you are spending money to purchase these stopgap solutions that will allow this board, memory and processor to continue to be used. This is, for most people, money that could have been used in the purchase of a much newer (and probably much more trouble-free) system. You certainly don't want to be in a situation where the money you spent on the stopgap solutions prevents you from having enough money to replace the system.

...S

vbo1teo
Beginner

Wow thanks so much for the information! I had no idea the issues were that significant. Based on your response, I’ve made the executive decision to let it run out while I search for a new tower. Its definitely not worth it to put out more money and experience more issues down the road. Thanks again!