Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Manager

DH67BL failed BIOS update to Ivy Brigde, need help!

Hi there : )

Last week I bought a new DH67BL mobo and a i3-3220. After installing the CPU and not getting POST, I figured it must be a BIOS thing. So I took it to a PC store, popped in a Sandy Brigde. It all worked, booted into OS and all. Express installer didn't work so we updated to the newest BIOS via f7 route. It stopped POSTing altogether, with any processor. After much frustration I found there is a much more complicated way to update the bios for Ivy Bridge CPUs. http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/sb/CS-033076.htm Desktop Boards — Updating the BIOS to support 3rd Generation Intel� Core� Processors

I don't know (and have no way of finding) the boards BIOS rev, AA# no. or ME version now.

So can someone confirm that my way to fix it will work?

0. Insert Sandy Br. CPU

1. BIOS recovery to some early BIOS, like .122

2. BIOS Update to .132 transition BIOS

3. BIOS update (or Recovery depending on ME version) to .156

4. Insert Ivy Br CPU

Or can I just go straight to 3. and do a recovery to .156 straight away?

Any info will be greatly appreciated!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hello Kuba,

Please check the motherboard Altered Assembly Number (AA # ) which is located on a white sticker on the board:

http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/sb/CS-009008.htm Desktop Boards — Find support by board AA number

Based on that information, proceed to follow the procedure described on the website you provided, go from transition BIOS (0132) to the latest BIOS version (0156).

If the issue persists after following this troubleshooting path, please contact our support center for further assistance.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Do you know if, after update for bios with ivy bridge support, the MOBO loses the support for sandy bridge?

0 Kudos