Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
idata
Community Manager

DH67BL: how to migrate SSD with Win7 OS to RAID1? (additional RAID1 already operational)

Jump to solution

My DH67BL board is currently operating on a RAID1 array of 2 HDD (D:) for data and a single SSD (C:) as OS disk (Win7). So RAID is already activated in BIOS and Intel Rapid Storage Technology application lists my RAID1 as well as the single SSD (of course).

I am contemplating upgrading the single disk to RAID1 as well.. Is this possible without reinstalling the Win7 system? Is it as easy as putting this SATA port to RAID and adding an identical SSD?

Thanks in advance!
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
idata
Community Manager

Here is the solution:

Just install the new SSD and boot Win7 normally. Enter the Intel Rapid Storage Technology tool and create a new RAID1 volume (you can choose which disks should be member). Creation is done in a blink, migrating the data takes a couple of minutes (2 120 GB disks, 330 series, SATA-3 6Gbit/s).

Very nicely solved.. thanks to the designers of this system!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
idata
Community Manager

Hello gooseman,

To create a RAID 1 using the single SSD, you will need to reinstall the Operating System enabling the RAID option at a BIOS level.

idata
Community Manager

hello dan,

at OS installation, RAID at BIOS level had been already selected.Thats why I am wondering if this now classifies as RAID-ready... which means adding a second SSD and everything could be just fine?

idata
Community Manager

Here is the solution:

Just install the new SSD and boot Win7 normally. Enter the Intel Rapid Storage Technology tool and create a new RAID1 volume (you can choose which disks should be member). Creation is done in a blink, migrating the data takes a couple of minutes (2 120 GB disks, 330 series, SATA-3 6Gbit/s).

Very nicely solved.. thanks to the designers of this system!

View solution in original post