cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AChan78
Beginner

DH67BL upgrade BIOS to v160 and now gives checksum error

Jump to solution

I just updated my DH67BL's BIOS from (I think) v146 to the latest which appears to be v160. I updated the BIOS using the F7 method.

After upgrade, at each boot I get a now checksum warning error - which I didn't get before. Apart from this warning nothing else seems amiss (after only a few minutes of use).

I have tried downloading the BIO file again and redoing the upgrade, but it doesn't change anything. I tried clearing the event log in F2 setup. But it keeps reappearing.

I cannot find any other indication here that anyone else has seen this as a problem.

The only change I have noticed with this release is that it respects the settings I made for a primary monitor (the previous version assumed it knew which one the primary monitor was).

Where do I go from here to fix the issue?

Do I need to fix the issue?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

Hello Akc42, I would like to let you know that this issue was reported previously and we are still waiting for a new BIOS version in order to fix it.

I would recommend you to roll back to BIOS version 0156. This version is going to eliminate the error you are getting. https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&ProdId=3282&DwnldID=21483&keyword=Intel+Desk... Download Center

If the issue persisted after the installation of the BIOS v0156, please check if the date and time are correct on BIOS. You may also want to try replacing the CMOS battery.

View solution in original post

11 Replies
Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

Hello Akc42, I would like to let you know that this issue was reported previously and we are still waiting for a new BIOS version in order to fix it.

I would recommend you to roll back to BIOS version 0156. This version is going to eliminate the error you are getting. https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&ProdId=3282&DwnldID=21483&keyword=Intel+Desk... Download Center

If the issue persisted after the installation of the BIOS v0156, please check if the date and time are correct on BIOS. You may also want to try replacing the CMOS battery.

View solution in original post

AChan78
Beginner

Thanks its fixed the issue.

What I find strange is that version 160 is over a year old. Before posting here I searched the entire site for any reference to any problems with the releases and found none. And version 160 hasn't been pulled. Why not?

Is this just a problem for a small number of people?

Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

I'm glad to know that you got it fixed.

This is not a common behavior, and it has not been reported yet. However I'm going to send this to the corresponding team so they can look at it.

Thanks a lot for your information.

GAmat2
Beginner

Hi. I also recently upgraded to BIOS version 0160 with the same result: CMOS errors at startup. I will try to downgrade to 0156.

Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

Please let me know the results.

Thanks

GAmat2
Beginner

I made some experiments, with BIOS versions 156, 159, 160 and different settings. With BIOS defaults settings, all three versions work OK. However, if I change the setting "IGD Primary Video Port" from AUTO to DVI Digital, versions 159 and 160 gives a checksum warning error. Version 156 works ok.

Not all changes to the default settings throws an error. For example, changing the Num Lock status at boot does not cause any problem.

Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee
Thanks for the information. I will report this behavior. In the mean time, you may want to keep using BIOS version 0156.
tstob
Novice

I guess Intel never fixed this. safe to downgrade from 160 to 156? I may just swap the board and CPU anyway.

Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

I sent the information to the corresponding team, but we haven't received a notification about a new BIOS release for this motherboard.

tstob
Novice

So it is safe to go back to 156? doesn't look great at this point, it's been a year now.

Thanks,

Tim

Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

You shouldn't have any problem rolling back the BIOS to version 156. Please follow this procedure http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/sb/CS-023360.htm Desktop Boards — Instructions for Recovery BIOS Update