cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JNils1
Beginner

DH67BL will not sleep

Jump to solution

Just installed this MB with a second generation I7 and Windows 10 Pro. When Sleep is selected, it comes right back awake. When awake, will not allow the monitor to blank out. Checked all the devices and have disabled wake up in power management. LASTWAKE indicates power button????

0 Kudos

Accepted Solutions
n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

Windows 10 is not supported on the board or with this processor. Proper drivers are not available. Compatibility drivers from Microsoft do not support all functions. What you see is what you get.

Sorry,

...S

View solution in original post

12 Replies
n_scott_pearson

Windows 10 is not supported on the board or with this processor. Proper drivers are not available. Compatibility drivers from Microsoft do not support all functions. What you see is what you get.

Sorry,

...S

View solution in original post

idata
Community Manager

Hello jimnilson,

Thank you for contacting the Intel community.

I'm sorry about the issue you are facing, N. Scott Pearson is right this motherboard and processor does not support Windows® 10, so for that reason any unexpected behavior can occur.

Please see supported operating system for this motherboard here:

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/boards-and-kits/desktop-boards/000005640.html Supported Operating Systems for Intel® Desktop Boards

And you can see http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/processors/000006105.html Intel® Processor Support for Microsoft Windows® 10

Best wishes,

Ivan.

n_scott_pearson

Now, that all said, let's check a few things. Enter BIOS Setup (using the F2 key) and select the Power scene. Ensure that both After Power Failure and Wake on LAN from S4/S5 are set to Stay Off and that Wake System from S5 is set to Disable. If you don't want to wake from the Hibernate (S4) or Power Off (S5) states any way but via the Power button, you can also set Deep S4/S5 to Enable.

Hope this helps - and let us know the results,

...S

JNils1
Beginner

Made the suggested settings, manually put to sleep, stayed asleep about 4 seconds before coming back on.

LASTWAKE

Wake Source[0]

Type: Device

Instance Path: ACPI\PNP0c0c\aa

Friendly name:

Description: ACPI Power Button

Manufacturer: (Standard System devices)

JNils1
Beginner

Noticed that BIOS is BLH6710H.86A.0156.2012.0615.1908 and that BLH6710H.86A.0160.EB.exe is available, should I update?

n_scott_pearson

Well, I would. If you do, I do not recommend that you use the EBU (Windows .EXE) file. Instead, download the .BIO file, place it on a USB flash disk and choose F7 during boot to initiate its installation.

Hope this helps,

...S

idata
Community Manager

Hello jimnilson,

If you need help how to update the BIOS you can follow the steps here:

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/boards-and-kits/desktop-boards/000005724.html F7 BIOS Flash Update Instructions for Intel® Desktop Boards

Regards,

Ivan.

n_scott_pearson

Did updating the BIOS make any difference?

JNils1
Beginner

No difference. I did not do enough research when I needed to replace an ASUS P8V77 motherboard with flaky SATA controllers. I would like to go to a Windows 10 compatible board but Microsoft treats a new motherboard as a new computer and it is a hassle to activate Windows and Office

n_scott_pearson

So, despite the fact that you had an ASUS P8V77 board that could support 3rd generation processors, you were using an older 2nd generation processor. Regardless of the fact that you purchased a DH67BL board, which can also support both 2nd and 3rd generation processors, you are still stuck because your (a) 2nd generation processor is not supported by Windows 10 and (b) even if you did have a 3rd generation processor, because of the timing of Intel's exit from the Desktop Boards business, no support for Windows 10 was developed for this board.

My main recommendation would be to replace the whole mess with a newer generation processor and motherboard which will offer Windows 10 support. It will also put off the resolution of compatibility issues with graphics cards, etc. and get you support for USB 3.0 (or better if you come forward enough).

...S

ppara5
Valued Contributor I

I'm late to the party, but I thought I'd add some comments because I have a DH67BL and a Sandy Bridge processor. I tried W-10 for a few days. It worked for the most part, but there were some strange bugs. I have two drives on the PC, but with W-10 the second drive could not be seen in Computer. I never found a solution, but as soon as I reverted to W-7, the second drive reappeared.

And then there are the many drivers Microsoft has released which screw-up 6-series boards. Below is an official Intel statement covering some of them. All of these pseudo-Intel drivers must be refused, which is impossible with W-10.

Scott's correct, of course. Microsoft's generic drivers are close, but no cigar.

idata
Community Manager

Thank you paramountain for your contribution on this post, you right you can install Windows® 10 using this motherboard, I have seen some users having Windows up to date and this can make the system more stable but as N. Scott Pearson has mentioned above to avoid any issue or bugs it will be better to buy a system that it will be fully compatible with Windows® 10.

Regards,

Ivan.