Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

DH67Bl motherboard no image when starting up.

We have the following motherboard DH67BL.

After startup there is no image on the screen.

The ventillator from the processor is turning, the led on the motherboard is on.

When we start up without memory then there is no beep.

We think that it is a power problem on the motherboard, can whe measure the voltage ?

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Highlighted
Beginner

Remark: when we measure te power on the USB 3.0 ports (blue) then there is no power on it, on the usb 2.0 ports there is power.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Valued Contributor I

Can you see the first few screens before startup or do you see nothing? If you see the first screen, can you enter BIOS?

Have you tried removing the battery, waiting a few minutes, reinstalling the battery, and trying again?

Do you have a spare graphics card to see if you have lost video?

A blown power supply could be the source of your problem. Do you have a power supply tester or a spare power supply to use as a test? Remember that better power supplies do not supply power unless there is a load, in other words, just plugging it in and using a multimeter to check voltages may prove nothing.

Your comment regarding USB 2.0 versus 3.0 may make sense because power may not be available until the device driver for 3.0 is installed.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

point 1 : no screen visible at all.

point 2 : yes, but no succes.

point 3 : alreadt tried but no screen on this card.

point 4: the same result with a other and stronger power supply.

when we start the motherboard, the ventillator is turning but no screen on monitor, we think that it come due to work with power supply that give not enough power ( ampere) and that a component get broken or damaged, but when we look at the motherboard everything looks ok.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Valued Contributor I

The only other thing I can suggest is to check all cables, especially the video one, and verify that the monitor is working. Also, I would disconnect the HDD/SDD from the power supply and motherboard to keep it safe.

It sounds to me like you have a failed motherboard or CPU. I have a DH67BL (I'm using it to type this) and there are no strange occurences. By the way, motherboards sometimes fail with no visual notice. Just the other day the PC of someone I know failed. When I looked at Device Manager, it indicated that the CD drive failed, the graphics card failed (I have a spare), and the onboard wired networking failed. Obviously there had been a major failure probably involving a power surge, but all parts looked okay. The only part I saved was the CPU and I don't know for sure if it was affected or not.

Sorry, that's the best I can do.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

it is the motherboard with only cpu that is mounted that already give the problem.

thanks for the advise.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honored Contributor II

To me it sounds like a defective motherboard, if you remove the RAMs from the motherboard and power it on and if you don't hear any beeps is because the motherboard is not able to recognize that no RAM is installed.

With Intel® motherboards you can hear three beeps without RAM, if you can hear the beeps then your motherboard can be OK if not most likely is defective.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

We think that the capacitors are the problem on the motherboard, but on the outside of the capacitors we do not see any problem.

Have some one experience with this kind of problem and which capacitors are the most common that could be the reason.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Valued Contributor I

If I were you, I'd buy a new board. Newegg still has 12 new ones for LGA 1155, though I don't know what country you live in. Then you could definitively determine whether the CPU or board has died, though I agree with ivanu_intel that the likely suspect is the board. Unless you are very, very proficient with testing and soldering circuit boards (I'm not).

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honored Contributor II

At this point, if your motherboard is still under the three years warranty I recommend submitting a ticket to get a replacement for the board, you can submit a ticket http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/contactsupport here.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

The DH67BL motherboard has a known issue with the Intel Sandy-Bridge chipset. The chip's metal layer has a defect that will degrade over time and render the USB 3 ports on the board inoperable. Her e are links to Intel's press Release and other relevant information.

http://newsroom.intel.com/community/intel_newsroom/blog/2011/01/31/intel-identifies-chipset-design-e... Intel Identifies Chipset Design Error, Implementing Solution

https://blogs.intel.com/technology/2011/01/chipset_design_flaw/ Intel Chipset With Potential Problem - What To Do (UPDATED) - Technology@Intel.

0 Kudos