Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NVari
Beginner

DH67CL: BIOS update

As mentioned earlier, by other people, upgrading from 125 and earlier to 151 and later causes problems... About which I did not know.

I updated to the new version, and got a black screen, tried using the programmer to restore my old BIOS version from the dump, but every time I turn on the computer, it is replaced with a new version...

How can I revive the motherboard now?

0 Kudos
12 Replies
AlHill
Super User

The latest bios is 0163.

Here is the latest bios:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28273?product=50101

And, here are instructions for the recovery method:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005630/boards-and-kits.html

And, if I were you, I would leave the "programmer" alone, unless you really want to brick your board.

Doc

NVari
Beginner

I tried using recovery, but still a black screen, nothing happened. For the test, I started the computer without RAM, the speaker beeps

NVari
Beginner

"BIOS version 0151 includes support for 3rd Generation Intel® Core™ processors. Due to structural changes in this BIOS version, once a board has been converted to this version or later, it will no longer be possible to downgrade the BIOS to version 0132 or earlier. Attempting a BIOS downgrade to a previous version may fail – the board BIOS will remain at its current version."

So, I need to somehow run the recovery, or get a dump with version 0132 and above

AlHill
Super User

You are not going to get a dump of any bios file. And, why do you need to downgrade? The latest bios supports both 2nd and 3rd gen processors.

Since you are messing with a programmer and are not able to install the latest bios, I can only assume you have trashed something.

This is a discontinued, and un-supported board.

Good luck.

Doc

NVari
Beginner

I used the programmer after I couldn't use the recovery, so I don't think I damaged anything...Apparently, BIOS is trying to install a new version by overwriting the data from my dump

SLYNsystems
Beginner

Dear AlHill,

Just seeing this post and my Intel DH67CL running Win10 20H2 (& previously 2004) has been blue screening almost every time it is on for at least an hour.  It isn't getting overheated as it's in a skeleton, exposed chassis.  Of course, the link you posted was removed and I was wondering if there was another way to get the final BIOS for this system board.  Thanks loads!

SLYNsystems
Beginner

P. S.  My CPU is a i7-2600K, with 8 GB RAM and an Intel SSD.

BIOS Version BIOS Date: 10/23/18 15:59:18 Ver: 04.06.04
Date 10/23/2018
SMBIOS Version 2.7
n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

Attached.

...S

SLYNsystems
Beginner

Thank you so much! I take it that this is newer than the one I posted and is for 2nd gen CPUs? Much appreciated.
n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

This is the latest (last) BIOS release and yes, it supports both 2nd and 3rd gen processors.

...S

AlHill
Super User

Yes, the computer needs memory to stop the three beeps.

Did you try recovery with 0163? You did not mention that.

What bios do you currently have installed?

Doc

NVari
Beginner

I had version 0125 installed, I tried to install version 151 and I guess it made some changes. I before tried to recover by version 0132 and 0151, did not work, now I will try to use version 163 for recovery...