Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
idata
Community Manager

DH67CL - Will DH67CL POST with E3-1230 v2 without BIOS updated?

Jump to solution

Hello!

I got an XEON E3-1230v2 and I plan to purchase a DH67CL Desktop Board for it.

According to Intel Processor Match, the board will work with new Ivy Bridge CPUs with Min. BIOS Version of 0150 and board revision of G10212-206 or later.

However, If the board is shipped with an old BIOS Version and cannot POST with E3-1230 V2, I may have to borrow a Sandy Bridge CPU to update to new version (TROUBLE).

My Question:

Will it POST anyway with an older BIOS version so that I can update to the latest BIOS?

I am sorry that my English is not good enough.

Regards.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos

Accepted Solutions
idata
Community Manager

Hello 囧囧,

I understand that you want to know if you receive a motherboard with an older BIOS version, can you update the BIOS with a newer processor.

In regards to your inquire, usually you will be required to have a supported processor to update the BIOS and then you can upgrade the processor.

If you already have this issue, sometimes a BIOS recovery update can help you go thru the update.

Regards.

PV 

View solution in original post

2 Replies
idata
Community Manager

Hello 囧囧,

I understand that you want to know if you receive a motherboard with an older BIOS version, can you update the BIOS with a newer processor.

In regards to your inquire, usually you will be required to have a supported processor to update the BIOS and then you can upgrade the processor.

If you already have this issue, sometimes a BIOS recovery update can help you go thru the update.

Regards.

PV 

View solution in original post

idata
Community Manager

Thanks a lot! I think I'll buy a board with B75 Chipset instead.