Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
idata
Community Manager

DH77DF + i3-2100T freeze

Jump to solution

Hi all!

Blank Window 7 x64 SP1 In expirience index - Direct 3D 9 "Aero" and Google Chrome with ActiveX application freeze screen and no action. Standart VGA driver work fine. I used latest driver from download center. Hardware: 2x4Gb Samsung, Kingston SSD V100+ 64Gb. Perviosly motherboard Asus P8H61-I rev 3.0 work fine.

Memory was tested - no error. Change CPU to G850 - same freeze. Please HELP!

Change PSU - the same symptoms.

Change memory to 1333, 1600...still no changes. Hello, Intel support!?!

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

Hello,

We recommend you to uninstall the graphics driver from your system, and then try to install the version from the

Graphics site, Version 15.28.15.64.3062 from March 21, 2013.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/SearchResult.aspx?lang=eng&ProductFamily=Graphics&ProductLine=Deskt... https://downloadcenter.intel.com/SearchResult.aspx?lang=eng&ProductFamily=Graphics&ProductLine=Deskt...

regards,

View solution in original post

6 Replies
idata
Community Manager

Hello Oleg,

Please let us know the part number for memory and power supply you are using to provide accurate troubleshooting assistance for your issue.

idata
Community Manager

Motherboard install in different case.

PSU:

Cooler Master Silent Pro M700 RS-700-AMBA-D3

Antec ISK110 VESA DC-DC + AC-DC

Memory:

Kingston ValueRAM KVR1333D3N9/4G

Samsung M378B5273CH0-CH9, M378B5273DH0-CK0

idata
Community Manager

Oleg, are you still having issues with your DH77DF motherboard and I3-2100 hanging? I have the same motherboard/CPU combination, and I am having the same problem that you describe.

I installed Windows 8 Professional (64-bit) and had the intermittent hang problem, so I then installed Windows 7 Ultimate (64-bit) with the same result. I have found I can duplicate the hang problem in Windows 7 any time I wish by going to the Windows Experience Index screen and clicking on the Rate the computer button. The system always hangs at the same spot with the message, "Running the Direct3d Areo Assessment" displayed in the window. I also get colored speckles in the window.

I have tried loading the current video driver for the board (9.17.10.2932, 64-bit), but the systems hangs in the middle of the installation.

I hope you have come up with a fix for your situation and possibly it will solve my problem as well.

Thanks

idata
Community Manager

Well, I have a solution to my problem, but it is not cheap. I tried everything that I could think of to prevent my system from having random display hangs as well as the Windows Experience screen freezing every time I tried to rate the computer. And I tried every hardware/BIOS setup trick that I could think of.

The only way I resolved these issues was borrow an I7-3770K CPU from another computer and try an alternate processor. The system is now rock solid, so I believe that the DH77DF motherboard was designed to work with HD4000 processors. My I3-2100 was a HD2000 CPU. Possibly some day Intel will fix the issue, Driver, BIOS, etc., but for now I believe the only thing that will fix these hanging issues is an Ivy Bridge CPU.

It looks like I'll be buying an Ivy Bridge CPU and placing my I3-2100 on the shelf.

idata
Community Manager

Hello, Sorry for my English but I am French.

I have the same problem as you, Motherboard DH77DF and processor I3-2100, I update BIOS but it changed nothing.

Have to be a solution?
Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

Hello,

We recommend you to uninstall the graphics driver from your system, and then try to install the version from the

Graphics site, Version 15.28.15.64.3062 from March 21, 2013.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/SearchResult.aspx?lang=eng&ProductFamily=Graphics&ProductLine=Deskt... https://downloadcenter.intel.com/SearchResult.aspx?lang=eng&ProductFamily=Graphics&ProductLine=Deskt...

regards,

View solution in original post