Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

DH77DF won't boot from mSATA drive

I have an mSATA drive installed in a DH77DF where I've installed Fedora 19 (successfully, by all appearances). However, though the system seems to see the drive just fine, I can't get it to boot. I just get the message:

Reboot and Select proper Boot device

or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key

Any suggestions?

Can anyone confirm whether this board supports booting from a GPT-format mSATA drive? (Just in case that's the problem.)

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Beginner

Well, I tried reformatting the drive to use MBR; but that had no effect. So, it doesn't appear to be a GPT issue.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Branden, based on the fact that we do not have support for any Linux flavor, if you have any question regarding this motherboard and Operating system combination, you would need to forward your inquiry to Linux* distribution support community for further assistance.

I would like to inform you that booting from a GPT or an MBR partition will be define by the OS.

If you created a GPT partition and then installed Fedora, I would recommend you to format the drive and reinstall the OS, without any partition.

Here is a thread that I found just in case you need addition information /thread/43629 https://communities.intel.com/thread/43629

0 Kudos