Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PShah12
Beginner

DH77EB Front panel USB 3 problems.

Jump to solution

I have a strange kind of problem.

The onboard USB 3 ports on my Intel motherboard - DH77EB with i3-3220T processor - function just fine. The problem arises when I connect front panel header to add 2 more accessible USB 3 ports to my system. These don't work but even the previously working ports stop functioning. The icon in front "Intel(R) USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller" turns yellow with an exclamation mark on it. Widows message is that the device cannot start. Soon as I unplug the device and reboot everything goes back to normal.

BTW I am working with Win 7 x64 with all the latest updates installed. Another thing I would like to point out that when I tried installing this version of Win 7 x64 SP1 from a Zalman VE-300 external drive configured as a "USB 3.0 connected optical drive" windows threw up an error message that it did not support the source. I ot to this point of installation thgrough bios. When I reverted to the USB 2,0 port and micro usb 2.0 on the Zalman VE-300 external drive installation was fast and went through without a hitch.

Thank you.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
idata
Community Manager

Hello Pradip,

The issue that you are having has been reported and it is under investigation.

Please keep looking for a BIOS and driver update release on downloadcenter.intel.com for your motherboard.

Regards.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
idata
Community Manager

Hello Pradip,

The issue that you are having has been reported and it is under investigation.

Please keep looking for a BIOS and driver update release on downloadcenter.intel.com for your motherboard.

Regards.

View solution in original post

PShah12
Beginner

Thanks for the response. Really appreciate it.

I looked for the bios update for DH77EB and came across the following for my specific motherboard.

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&ProdId=3437&DwnldID=22561&ProductFamily=Deskt... BIOS Update [EBH7710H.86A]

I am however a bit confused. It is dated 12th March 2013. Does the number inside the brackets represent motherboard model number or is it irrelevant and I should go ahead with it? Can't afford a screwup in selecting the update.

fgonz9
Beginner

hola alguien en español

PShah12
Beginner

I finally gave up on trying to find a solution. I simply disabled the on board USB3. Got my self 2 via chip based add on cards, 8 ports in total, Now all is well.

Ricardo_G_Intel1
Employee

You can test the following:

*If your BIOS version is less than 0097 please update it to 0098 then reboot then update to 103.

*Try installing Intel® ME 8: Management Engine Driver, Installs the Intel® Management Engine (Intel® ME) version 8.1.40.1416 for Intel® Desktop Boards. The Intel® ME software components that need to be installed depend on the system's specific hardware and firmware features. The installer detects the system's capabilities and installs the relevant drivers and applications.

* Installing the Intel® Driver USB 3.0 https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/22668/USB-3-0-Intel-USB-3-0-Driver Download USB 3.0: Intel USB 3.0 Driver