Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Manager

DH77EB & PCH temperature

Jump to solution

Hello,

I have an Intel DH77EB motherboard and the PCH temperature in the bios never change. It's always 44°

Bios bug or hardware problem, what could it be? :|

0 Kudos

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hello,

Please let us know the BIOS version loaded on the system to provide further assistance on this matter. Meanwhile proceed to clear the CMOS battery for 20 minutes and test again.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hello,

Please let us know the BIOS version loaded on the system to provide further assistance on this matter. Meanwhile proceed to clear the CMOS battery for 20 minutes and test again.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

BIOS version is 0099

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi,

When you are in BIOS and system is idle it may show same temp because it is controlled by FAN. Best way to check the temp is to use Desk Top Utilities from and check the temperature.

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=20488&lang=eng&OSVersion=Windows%207%... http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=20488&lang=eng&OSVersion=Windows%207%...

Here if you are using system for different application temp will vary.

Hope this works.

Thanks,

- Ravi

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

My DH77EB also always shows the PCH temperature at 44°. This is both in the bios and OS. I am using BIOS version 0098.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

My DH77KC also only shows PCH temperature as 44 degrees C, in the BIOS and in Intel Desktop Utilities. BIOS is version 0108. This value never changes. Is there a problem with the board? BIOS? IDU?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

My DH77EB PCH temperature is 56 degrees C. Is this ok or too high ? What is the highest temperature for this board ?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Employee

To answer jokerman, sysrqalt and msmargolis,

The PCH DTS (that's "Digital Thermal Sensor" (at Intel, we love our TLAs - oops, I did it again, that's "Three (or so) Letter Acronyms")) typically have a minimum temperature that they are able to represent. It is likely that the 44°C reading is your particular PCH's minimum measurable temperature. The PCH's current temperature will be at or below this reading when this reading is displayed.

For DanielTux:

The "Tcontrol" temperature - the maximum temperature that a fan speed control solution is to allow - varies from one generation to another. For the Intel(R) 7 Series/C216 Chipsets and the Intel(R) 6 Series/C200 Chipsets, the PCH Tcontrol temperature is 104°C. For the Intel(R) 5 Series and intel(R) 3400 Series Chipsets, the PCH Tcontrol temperature is 107°C. Bottom line, at 56°C, your PCH is still quite cool...

...Scott

0 Kudos