Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AMang4
Beginner

DH77KC - Video OptionRom Authenticate Fail - using Video cards and UEFI

I am installing a brand new DH77KC desktop board with BIOS 110 that always returns a "Video OptionRom Authenticate Fail" error if UEFI boot is enabled and a Video card is present. As a consequence the additional Video Card is not used and OS boots by using the integrated Intel® HD Graphics.

I've tried with two different GeForce cards (GTS 450 and GTX650 Ti) with no luck. At the moment the only workaround is forcing a legacy boot by disabling UEFI.

How can I fix this issue and re-enable UEFI boot?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

Amanga, which operating system are you using? We have seen this issue recently when customers are using W8.1.

Would you please try the following workaround and let me know the results?

1. Go to the secure boot options on BIOS

2. Enable secure boot (if disabled)

3. Check on the option that says "Install Intel platform key"

4. Press F10 to save changes and restart the system

I would suggest you keep the integrated graphics "enable" while we got this issue fixed.

AMang4
Beginner

Hello Sylvia, thanks for your reply.

Unfortunately this issue is not related to the OS. I get the error during POST even using minimal configuration with no disks connected.

IMHO this is related to Video Card UEFI support. I've tried with two different NVidia models:

- GeForce GTS 450 (from Gigabyte) that does not support UEFI

- GeForce GTX 650 Ti (from Asus) that supports UEFI but it requires a firmware update.

Since Asus allows video card FW update by using Asus motherboards only, I did not have the chance to check if this may fix the issue.

btw I can confirm that disabling UEFI boot everything works like a charm but it won't allow to use secure boot.

DEdwa3
New Contributor I

Amanga,

Interestingly enough I have the same ASUS card you reference but on a different motherboard. What are you system board and video BIOS (ASUS) versions?

/thread/46907 https://communities.intel.com/thread/46907

DEdwa3
New Contributor I

Amanga,

For your ASUS card go to my thread and try the tool I referenced.

/thread/46907 https://communities.intel.com/thread/46907/communications