Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NSa
Beginner

DH77KC & Asus Xonar DGX

Hello, I have the problem with the working Asus Xonar DGX PCI-E soundcard on Intel DH77KC, latest bios 1018.

After power on, computer stops at Intel Desktop Board logo, even F2 no responce. Sometimes Windows is booting, but in this instance no device in device manager. I've tried to disable onboard audio, this is in no way affect.

But, when I've disabled in the bios "PCIe ASPM Support" or "peg only", sound card is starting and working normally (by default ASPM was on).

Does it incompatibility, or warranty case of motherboard/sound card?

My specs: Core i5-3570, Radeon HD7850, 1x8GB RAM, RAID-0 WD10EZEX.

0 Kudos
13 Replies
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Hi Nik,

I am sorry you are having this problem with the product but let me help you.

There are some steps I would like you to try:

1. Test a different power supply in your system. Based on the TPS of the motherboard the minimum recommended power supply is 460W.

2. Check for a firmware update provided by the manufacture of the card.

3. Update the BIOS to the latest for this board version 110:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=22815 https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=22815

4. Is there a possibility to test a different card? If so, what is the result?

NSa
Beginner

Hi, thanks for support. I've made mistake about bios version, I've already Bios 110.

No new firmware for my card and no possible to get second card.

I've tried install sound card in the new Intel DH87RL system board, PCIe ASPM Support enabled by default.

System starting without problems and card is showing in Device Manager and works well.

I want to remind, that sound card is works well on my board only with disabled ASPM or peg only.

Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Can you please post your dxdiag report here?

How to get it?

Dxdiag Report: Type dxdiag in Start Menu> open> Save> Copy/Paste here.

Please provide as well the exact card model that is not working correctly.

NSa
Beginner

Attached.

The card model number is: Asus Xonar DGX (ASM).

Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Thanks for the information. I am going to check with development team and I will keep you posted.

BBens1
Beginner

I am also having a problem with a PCIe soundcard (cMedia) with the DH77KC board. The sound device will initially install ok, but will disappear from the device manager on the first reboot. Moving it to a different PCIe slot does not help. The same thing happens. I haven't tried changing the BIOS ASPM setting yet.

Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Please try the steps provided above and let me know. We are still checking the information with development team.

Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

I am sorry for the delay. I am checking with development. I will have an answer in the worst case 1 week from now.

I thank you for being patience.

NSa
Beginner

I would like to add, that is happening last time: new Windows 8.1-64 Update 1, random BSODs at youtube and at wake up after sleep.

Official Asus Xonar drivers DGX_8_1_8_1822_Win8_1.rar

New AMD Catalyst 14.4 also generates BSODs.

Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Based on that information it seems that the Asus driver is causing this problem. You can check this post I found about this issue:

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f19/solved-asus-xonar-dg-bluescreening-and-quot-cmudaxp-sys-a... http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f19/solved-asus-xonar-dg-bluescreening-and-quot-cmudaxp-sys-a...

NOTE: These links are being offered for your convenience and should not be viewed as an endorsement by Intel of the content, products, or services offered there.

Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Hi nik,

What happens if you disabled the ASPM feature at the BIOS feature? Is your system affected with this change? This could be a workaround for now while we get the solution for the problem.

NSa
Beginner

The system is working normally with this change.

Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Thanks for this information. We are still working on this but It is good to know that is working now for you.