cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MR_1
Novice

DH87MC Black Screen on reboot or reset

hi

i build a new pc based on intel Board DH87MC and all works fine but it i will reboot the computer shutdown and never come back (fans run but no picture)

i Must Pusch the power button for 3 seconds an Start again.

The same problem i have if i hit reset. Black Screen and nothing.

i try a other power supply, other Memory, disconnect all Not needed devices, install new bios .... No luck.

WHat can i do?

cpu i5 4460

ram kingston ddr3 1600 2x4gb

9 Replies
MR_1
Novice

I Found this article

it seams to be a problem between the board dh87mc and CPU i5 4460.

but this CPU is listed on intels website to be compatible for this board ??

please, Intel create and share a new bios for this board to fix the problem.

is this possible ?

jsing21
New Contributor I

I think the bios is cannot take a information on your system let do these :-

I would start by resetting your bios settings to default; turn off your system, remove the side cover and gently pry out the board battery (round "button battery" such as cr2032). Leave it out for about one minute, and reinstall. Then see if you get a post screen. Follow directions and use one of the "f" keys to enter the bios. Set the smartfan setting (calibrate if you like; I use "quiet" mode), set your boot order, then save and exit. If you're actually able to load windows, then skip the bios reset and go into the bios using the "del" key and disable the asus logo screen; don't know where the setting is, but you'll find it. I also press the "pause" key to stop at the post screen when I want to view some info.

OR

u will see here :-

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/328010-30-bios-screen-blank-screen http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/328010-30-bios-screen-blank-screen

MR_1
Novice

Hello jeevan,

thank you very match for you answer.

i search all the night at the internet and it seems to be a problem between CPU and board.

The i5 4460 is a new haswell refresh CPU and Intel don't relay support it on DH87MC.

dear intel - is it planed to at support for haswell refresh for this board? When?

AKuma84
Beginner

As it is same problem with my PC I'm using i7 4790k

Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Hello Abhishek282,

If your computer is an 8 series motherboard please review answer on post # 6. If your motherboard is a 9 series unit I recommend you creating a new post for this issue.

Kevin M

skuma85
Beginner

Same problem to my system also my processor is i3 4150 the problem is not able to restart and mother board is dh87mc chiset is h78 or h87 i dont know perfectly

Miguel_C_Intel1
Employee

Hi Sivakumar3030,

In regards your question, the Intel® Core™ i3-4150 is a Haswell refresh processor and it is not compatible with the Intel® Desktop Board DH87MC with chipset 87. Intel stopped producing desktop motherboards in 2013 and this processor was launched on 2014.

The following list provides with fully compatible motherboards with the processor.

http://processormatch.intel.com/MotherBoards/CompatibleBoards?componentName=i3-4150 Compatible Motherboards

Regards,

Miguel
ISala1
Beginner

I got same issue, when i upgrade dh87mc BIOS to install a new Haswell refresh CPU,

it was working well with Haswell 2013 CPUs.

dear Intel you have to develop new BIOS for Haswell refresh CPUs. its so bad to change board to other manufacture to upgrade the CPU.

last BIOS date 7/7/2015 i upgrade it, waiting for new without issues

Miguel_C_Intel1
Employee

Hi IbrahimSalah,

I am sorry for the inconvenience; however, Corporate took the decision to stop producing motherboards, Intel is still providing with new drivers and new BIOS versions (but they will only solve issues of previous versions).

Regards,

Mike C