Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
IAli1
Beginner

DH87MC Memory Speed 1600 MHz running at 1333 MHz

I have recently bought Intel DH87MC motherboard for my 4th gen core i5 4430.

I also bought Corsair Vengeance DDR3 4GB x1 (CMZ4GX3M1A1600C9 http://www.corsair.com/memory-by-product-family/vengeance/vengeance-4gb-single-module-ddr3-memory-ki... http://www.corsair.com/memory-by-product-family/vengeance/vengeance-4gb-single-module-ddr3-memory-ki...) as RAM for my system.

My question is that my BIOS shows my RAM running at 1333 MHz instead of 1600 MHz as expected. Please guide me in setting my BIOS such that my RAM runs at 1600 MHz.

Best Regards

Iftikhar Ali

0 Kudos
17 Replies
AEsta1
Novice

search in memory configurarion XMP (eXtreme Memory Profiles)

IAli1
Beginner

Thank to ColdfireMC.

More precisely this is how to change memory speed in Intel visual BIOS:

1. From HOME screen --> Select TUNING

OR select ADVANCE --> Select PERFORMANCE
  2. Under PERFORMANCE, Click on Memory.
  3. Then from right hand side, select "XMP 1600" profile (name can vary but you will definitely get an idea ) from PERFORMANCE MEMORY PROFILES

This basically changed my Memory Multiplier from 10 to 12 resulting in 1600 MHz memory speed instead of 1333 MHz.

Hope this little tutorial will help other new users like me.

Best Regards

Iftikhar Ali

MAkri
Beginner

i have 16Gb DDR-III 1600MHz Corsair Vengeance (CMZ16GX3M4A1600C9) (4x4Gb KIT)

setting in bios XMP 1600, but after reboot when im entering bios i have 1333 but profile - xmp 1600, and timings same as auto mode.

in cpu-z having same timings as automatic mode, so looking like bios forcing memory clocks mode to auto instead xmp 1600.

DArce
Valued Contributor III

What BIOS version and processor are installed in the system you have?

Have you tried with just one stick of memory one at a time?

Have you tested with other memory manufacturer?

MAkri
Beginner

BIOS : 0047

Processor : Corei7 4770S

One stick it will help, ? i'm changing memory timings and clocks in bios by selecting profile XMP 1600, bios not remembering it after reboot, after in memory settings bios still showing profile XMP 1600, but timings are not from XMP 1600.

No Im not tester, not have much memory 1600 around.

DArce
Valued Contributor III

Did you see if there is any difference testing with just one memory stick?

One thing you may need to check with Corsair is what XMP profile does this memory support? Is it 1.2 or 1,3? Please confirm this with your memory manufacturer and let us know.

MAkri
Beginner

same behaviour with one stick.

by cpu-Z XMP 1.3.

even if im setting timings as in XMP manually after reboot i not see them, timings are equal to auto, but type of memory combobox are manually.

and memory clock multiplier was set to 1.33 X 12 and 1600 Mhz

but after reboot it writing 1600 Mhz, but showing Multiplier 1.33 x10. and by CPU-Z it have 1333 Mhz. it was if selected XMP-1600 in memory config but if im remember right same was if im selecting multiplier manually.

DArce
Valued Contributor III

Thank you for your feedback on this matter, I have tried this configuration and is randomly working for me. So let me forward this to the developers for further investigation on this.

Before we may proceed, please let me have the AA number and Serial number of the motherboard.

Additionally, please use the Intel® System Identification Utility using the following site:

http://www.intel.com/support/siu_la.htm?wapkw=%28siu%29 http://www.intel.com/support/siu_la.htm?wapkw=%28siu%29

That will generate an 8 digits code called Report Reference ID. Please let us have that code, this will provide us information on what is being detected on your system.

MAkri
Beginner

with this online utility i have :

500 Internal Server Error: Intel® System Identification Utility was unable to analyze this computer or the service is temporarily unavailable at this time. The issue has been logged. Please re-run the utility at a later time. We apologize for any inconvenience.

sn : BTMC34200969

by Board ID Tool :

DArce
Valued Contributor III

Could you please provide the information reported by Windows's msinfo32 then?

You can also include the dxdiag report from that system so I can include all that information to the report.

NSidd1
Beginner

Dear,

Sometimes it happened that configured values don't actually show as it is in the BIOS. Pl use some utility like PC Wizard and see if the it also reports 1333 MHz. If it does, then configuration problem seems to be either in the MB or in the RAM. Pl check this RAM on other MB of the same series. If you get the same result, pl contact RAM manufacturer.

Regards,

Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

RZahn
Beginner

Hi together,

i have the same Problem!

I use a DH87MC with the newest Bios from 06.06.2013

And my Memory is a Corsair CMZ8GX3M2B1600C9 (4x4GB)

I can't install the ISIU from the Link above...

it means i have already a later Version installed - but it doesn't work!

So what can i do?

DArce
Valued Contributor III

Please provide the following information from your system:

1. AA number and Serial number of the motherboard. The following link provides information on where this information should be located on the motherboard: (The serial number is on the left of the AA number)

http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/sb/CS-009008.htm Desktop Boards | Find support by board AA number

2. Model of processor installed

3. Model and wattage of power supply installed

RZahn
Beginner

Ah Ok...

here the Data:

1. BTMC33000HBQ AA G74242 - 402

2. Intel i7-4770, 3,4GHz

3. be quiet! POWER ZONE 750W

And this will help?

RZahn
Beginner

Hello again,

what is the Solution for this Mistake?

DArce
Valued Contributor III

At this moment the issue is under investigation, we will let you know when we have an update on this.