cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TSchu18
Beginner

DH87MC Problems with some Devices and the CIR

Hello,

besides the USB-Device-Problem in the other topic i have some other problems. I'll start with the CIR-problem:

One reason for me for buying an Intel-Board was the CIR-Device. I need it and there aren't many manufacturers supplying their boards with these. I have a connector cable with the correct receiver-device plugged in. But no matter what i do, i can't get it to work under windows 8.1. I surely tried to use the special driver (2.9.1007) for windows 8.1 but the installation fails with the message "Can't find CIR device!!". The Hardware for itself is working properly. I can switch on the computer with my ir-remote when it is turned off. But windows (a clean install) does not find the device.

One more thing: There are two more problems in my device-manager. One of them is called "PCI-Kommunikationscontroller (einfach)" in my german windows 8.1. I think it translates to something like "PCI-Communications-Controller (simple)" (PCI-Bus 0, Gerät 22, Funktion 0). In the device manager this device has this yellow sign and it is found unter "other devices". The Intel .inf-installer was installed.

The second device - also marked yellow and found under "other devices" is an "Intel(R) LPC Controller - 8C4A". I don't know what the devices are doing, but i would like to have them functioning properly. What can i do?

I attach a screenshot of the device manager and the two devices.

Many greetings from Germany

Tom

0 Kudos
12 Replies
Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

Hello Tom, we have escalated this issue to our engineering team in order to find out if there is a compatibility problem with the devices customers are using.

Would you please provide me the complete model number of the IR remote you are trying to use?

In regards to the second issue you have having related to the problems in the device manager, please make sure you install the following driver. This link belongs to the Intel® ME: Management Engine.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=23276&ProdId=3603&lang=eng&OSVersion... https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=23276&ProdId=3603&lang=eng&OSVersion...

TSchu18
Beginner

Hello Sylvie,

the IR-Remote is a Harmony One from Logitech. But the Remote is not the Problem. The Problem is, that Windows does not see the CIR-port on the Mainboard. The remote funcions properly, i had it going on my old System and now i have it running with an external ir-Receiver from Microsoft. I would like to use the onboard cir-port. That's not possible, 'cause in the Installation Windows always rejects with "Can't find CIR-Device!"

Greets from Germany

Tom

TSchu18
Beginner

Hello Sylvie,

i can report a little progress. One of the unrecognized devices (the "PCI-Kommunikationscontroller") is now not longer in the "others"-section. But the LPC-Controller is still there. I found out, that in the devicelist below in the section systemdevices there is another LPC Controller with exact the same number in the name. I deleted the device once but after a restart it is right back in the list.

Today i found another issue. My Memory-Modules are not made for this board i think. Never had problems before, but here they are running only with 1067MHz, no matter what i do in the performance section of the bios. I tried around and managed to pull the speed up to 1333MHz when i only use the two 2GB DIMMs. OK, that's not Intels fault. I ordered two 8GB DIMMs from Kingston wich should fit and comply.

Greets

Tom

TSchu18
Beginner

OK folks, my problem with the memory is no longer a problem. The new Kingstoon DIMMs in combination with the new BIOS were the solution.

The CIR still not responds. The LPC-thing is still in the device-manager.

Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

Tom, make sure you are running the latest Nuvoton* Consumer Infrared (CIR) Driver for Windows 8.1*, version 2.9.1007. It is posted and available here: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=23349&lang=eng&OSVersion=Windows%208... https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=23349&lang=eng&OSVersion=Windows%208....

TSchu18
Beginner

Hello Sylvie,

are you sure, you read my opening posting in this thread? I tried to install these drivers more than once. But i always get the same message from my windows system. As i wrote.

I tried it with the BIOS Legacy option for the CIR and without. No chance.

Greets

Tom

CHoek
Beginner

Hello,

I have exactly the same problem on Win 8.1 with the Mainboard. Tried the newest driver "Nuvoton Consumer Infrared (CIR) Driver for Windows 8.1*, version 2.9.1007 " with Error "Can't find CIR device". Waiting for a fixed driver now...

Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

Guys, this issue is still under investigation by our engineering team. I'll keep you posted.

I apologize for the delay.

PSche5
Beginner

Hey TomSchulze,

ich antworte hier auf deutsch, weil sich Intel sowieso einen Dreck drum kümmert. Es ist auch eine Frechheit, dass dir sylvia_intel noch vorschlägt, doch die richtigen Treiber zu installieren... und das im Dezember! Da war schon längst klar, dass das Problem bei den Win 8.1 Treibern liegt und CIR NUR unter Win 8 vernünftig erkannt wird. Linux Treiber gibt es übrigens auch keine vernünftigen.

Hier mal der Link zum Thread:

Das Ganze ist also seit ca. 6 Monaten bekannt und Intel kümmert sich einen Scheiß um seine Kunden. Ich glaube nicht, dass sich das Problem in der nächsten Zeit lösen wird. Miserabler Support! Viele kaufen extra dieses Board, weil es ebene einen CIR Header besitzt und dann sowas....

Hey sylvia_intel: This issue is known! So why are you saying he should use the right driver?! The problem is your bad support and not the user!!!! This is very annoying!

Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

N8mr, this issue is under investigation.

PSche5
Beginner

I think this issue is not under control and you have to tell us that it won't in the future...

Bad, bad, bad, bad... I will never buy an intel board again!

Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee