cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DAlle6
Beginner

DH87MC will not warm boot - Blank screen on reset/restart

Jump to solution

I have the mobo configured with 16GB using a Corsair (Haswell certified) PS, a i5-4690 CPU chip and using the on-board video. I installed Win7(64) fine, but when I restart the system via software or reset, I get a black screen with no POST. Cold boot the system by powering of (either via the case power switch or power supply and the system boots up fine. The system also will not boot if I go into BIOS setup and save (or don't save), I must power down to boot.

I have swapped out the original PS with another one (bother were new), but no joy.

Anyone have any ideas what the problem is?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
DAlle6
Beginner

Discovered the solution elsewhere, the i5-4690 not compatible with the DH87MC. Arrrgh!

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

Hi, did you try updating the BIOS incrementally?

Please try using a straight-thru video cable instead of adapters or converters.

DAlle6
Beginner

Discovered the solution elsewhere, the i5-4690 not compatible with the DH87MC. Arrrgh!

View solution in original post

JBazz
Beginner

Same problem with intel core i7 4790. the Intel dh87mc will not boot when i restart from windows. Im using latest bios update..any solution??

AlHill
Super User

You are using a Haswell refresh processor, which is not supported by your motherboard bios.

https://processormatch.intel.com/Processors/CompatibleProcessors?componentName=DH87MC

Also, this thread is EIGHT years old. In the future, please start a new thread.

Doc

JBazz
Beginner

Will this affect one the performance and the age of the motherboard? ​

AlHill
Super User

The processor should never be used on the board.

Doc