Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MItan
Beginner

DH87MC

I have an intel board DH87MC when i turn iton it doesn't boot from first attempt.

When i try again i got : "BIOS has detected unsuccessful POST attempt(s)... Press "Y" to enter Setup or "N" to cancel and attempt to boot with previous settings.". When i press N the pc restart and works normally.

I tested many Hard disks , power supplies , and rams same problem.

Please help me.

Thanks

Attached you can find the error..

0 Kudos
33 Replies
MJean2
Novice

Hello, i have exactly the same issue without intel answer. A fellow was had the same experience with many of intel motherboard. I tried lot of test, probably the same as you. Today, before i returned my card, i try another thing, but i lose patience (enable all fast boot optimisation, some manually memory parameter...). i don't have more response of intel.

rdaya2
Novice

this will work get your mother board model..

then go to google.com

put your model then indicate your problem.. more answer more opinion will be better to solve your problem.. sir !!

Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

Mitani, a similar issue was discussed on the following thread . DZ77BH-55K boot failed but everything works fine

This kind of behavior could be cause by a device such as memory or a network card that is not letting the system to finish posting correctly or it is not being properly detected by the operating system.

You may want to try the following:

• Remove any PCI devices and restart the system. Check if you are getting the error.
  • In order to find out which device is causing the error, please include one of them and restart the system.
  • Go into Bios
    • Restore all to Default
    • And click Performance / Summary
    • Then disable Failsafe Watchdog
    • Then reboot.

Please let me know the results.

dkuma29
Beginner

HI Sylvia_Intel,

I had removed by LAN Card and now am having only a mouse, keyboard, samsung DVD writer connected.

I have updated the BIOS as well. Nothing seems to be fix my issue.

Please help me.

Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

CaptainIND, would you please try the latest BIOS version available V158 https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?DwnldID=24305&lang=eng&ProdId=3603 Intel® Download Center ?

LEORULES1000, which is the current BIOS version on your board? Please access the BIOS and check for that information.

Could you please attach the DX Ddiag report from your system so I can check the current information?

Dxdiag Report: Type dxdiag in Start Menu> open> Save> Attach using Advanced Editor Options.

HRATH2
Beginner

HRATH2
Beginner

BIOS VERSION: MCH8710H.86A.0156.2014.0430.0904

I have also send the images of my BIOS, please check

HRATH2
Beginner

SYL, I am at work now, when i go home i send you the information which will get generated through DXDIAG

Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

No problem Leorules1000.

There is a new BIOS version 157 available just in case you want to install it. https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?DwnldID=23966 Intel® Download Center

HRATH2
Beginner

HRATH2
Beginner

Syl ... Hello

One more guy has reported the same problem for DH87MC

Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

I saw that thread and I already reply to the customer.

Did you update the BIOS to version 157?

Remember that if you continue having this behavior and if the board is still under warranty you can contact our Warranty team in order to replace it http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/contactsupport Contact Support or submit a web ticket at the following URL https://servicerequestmgmt.intel.com/webticketui/emailpage.aspx?lang=en-us Service Request Email

HRATH2
Beginner

Thanks Syl

But I don't think the board has a problem. I will inform you the solution very soon.

HRATH2
Beginner

HI Syl

i have attached the dxdiag file

pls check

HRATH2
Beginner

Syl Syl ....... Want to inform you green led on motherboard is flashing non stop, whats wrong now ?

Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

When did this behavior started?

What system changes occurred, such as BIOS or operating system upgrade, new peripheral devices, etc.?

Are you talking about the Front-panel Power LEDs?

HRATH2
Beginner

Syl Syl hiiiiiii

I have not updated the BIOS, everything is same, no changes in the BIOS made, Booting is through Legacy as UEFI BOOT is to be made only when the bootable area is of more than 2TB. So i boot through LEGACY.

I POWER ON the cpu. One beep no display.

I POWER OFF all the main switches.

Now again i POWER ON all the main switches and press the power on switch on the cpu.The system boots perfect but green LED on motherboard keeps flashing nonstop. no beeps.system works fine. processor heat sink is also cool. other heat sink are also cool. it is the same LED that indicates power has been received on motherboard. the same issue happened 2 weeks before also. But no problem with the system.

Check the DXDIAG FILE attached last night.

HRATH2
Beginner

it is not the front panel led. It is the small green diode on the motherboard that indicates power has been received by the motherboard.

Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

Have you tried using another monitor and another cable?

HRATH2
Beginner

It worked fine yesterday with no problem. HDMI cable is also new.