cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TGeul
Novice

DH87RL Windows 8.1 CIR doesn´t work

Hello,

after upgrading to Windows 8.1 the CIR Header is not longer recognized.

Device Manager says there is an unknown device.

Is there any solution or new driver available?

Greetings

Tags (1)
35 Replies
Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

Hello Stitch84, at this moment there are not drivers available for Windows 8.1 yet. Drivers are provided for production versions of validated operating systems; and Windows 8.1 it's a preview version.

You may want to keep using Windows 8 until drivers are available.

TGeul
Novice

Hi Sylvia,

i tried the new cir driver for my board for Windows 8.1

Unfortunately the setup says everytime, that the CIR Header can not be found.

When i make a fresh installation of Windows 8 and install the Windows 8 Driver for CIR everything works as expected.

Can you help me?

KJani
Beginner

Any progress with Windows 8.1 driver for CIR.

I've got Intel DH67BL and since 2 weeks (as Windows update was released) I can't use remote to control my HTPC.

Please Intel - hurry up!!

Best regards,

chrisjan

Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

Guys I'm going to test this driver in our system in order to try to replicate this issue. I'll let you know the results.

JMonr2
Beginner

I'm having the exact same issue. DH87RL with the latest BIOS. I also had the same problem with the previous version of the BIOS that was released in June.

TGeul
Novice

This issue still exists and is really annoying.

Do you have any news?

Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

I'm still waiting for the results. I apologize.

NSCOTT_P_Intel
Employee

PSche5
Beginner

Hi,

I have the same problem with the Intel DH78RL Mainboard. Although there is a driver available for Win 8.1 x64 it doesn't work. There are a lot of people with the same issue and I hope there will be a solution soon. It's not possible to recommend an Intel board with such support shortfalls.

Tested driver: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=23349&lang=deu&OSVersion=Windows%26a... Download-Center

PSche5
Beginner

In progress?!?!?!

Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

N8mr, I forwarded your feedback a few days ago to the engineering team, but I am still waiting for a resolution on this. I apologize.

NMart10
Beginner

built-in IR receiver is not working for me on NUC D34010WYK, win8.1 x64

Drivers install fine and are listed as compatible for win8.1 x64. Device manager lists both nuvoton and ehome and says devices are working properly.

Test:

1 - using a windows message pump viewer: no key presses registered when using remote

2 - adding a 2nd USB IR receiver (same machine, same OS, same remote): key presses are properly registered

3 - using different OS (openelec) and removing the 2nd USB receiver: remote works fine

Test 2- rules out remote or OS or software issues, and test 3- rules out HW issue.

So this looks like a driver problem.

PSche5
Beginner

I am still waiting for a resolution on this, too. -.-

This is unacceptable.

ICust21
Novice

Only one working solution for this issue: use additional CIR device with Windows 8.1 until drivers will be fixed or downgrade back to Windows 8.

PSche5
Beginner

What is Intel doing since Win 8.1 is available?! I can't see any process here... Sylvia is telling just the same all the time and nothing happens. This is crap...

CHoek
Beginner

same problem here. Nuvoton* Consumer Infrared (CIR) Driver for Windows 8.1*, version 2.9.1007 doesnt solve the problem. Still unknown device in device manager. Intel please fix this!

I switched from a boxee box to a selfmade HTPC with Intel Board. The Boxee Box had problems with HD sound based on a buggy driver from Intel. Its an Intel problem again now. Very annoying!

Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

Guys, this issue is still under investigation by our engineering team. I'll keep you posted.

I apologize for the delay.

PSche5
Beginner

Lo and behold!

JMonr2
Beginner

It has been several months, and this still isn't working for me either.