cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AUgne
Beginner

DH87RL artifacts on boot screen

Hi,

I have DH87RL motherboard connected to a Dell U2412M monitor.

During booting when it shows "Intel Board Inside" logo it also shows some random garbage. It looks like a strip along the lower edge of the screen, about an inch wide and located below F2, F7, F10 options text, please see attached photo.

Once OS is booted everything looks and works fine.

Motherboard functionality doesn't seem to be affected, it just doesn't look good at the boot stage.

I ran a memory test and it didn't show any errors. Besides the memory has worked in a different system with no issues.

I updated to the latest BIOS 0324 but it didn't fix the problem.

Any help is much appreciated.

Kind regards,

Alex

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

Alex29 thanks a lot for contacting us. Regarding your issue, for me it looks like you have a problem with your monitor. I would recommend you add a second monitor, connecting the motherboard through DVI-I port or display port.

If you got the same image on both monitors, please go ahead and replace the motherboard. If the image is fine on the 2nd monitor, you would need to replace the Dell U2412M monitor.

AUgne
Beginner

Hi Sylvia,

Thank you for getting back to me.

I tested with an old Sony 1024x768 monitor and there were no issues.

However the monitor that shows problems with the motherboard is a Dell 1920x1200, aspect 16:10.

As the Dell didn't have issues with a few different motherboards it looks like DH87RL just cannot handle this resolution/aspect ratio correctly during POST. Maybe a fix in the future BIOS release?

Kind regards,

Alex

Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

That is correct. Hopefully a future BIOS version would be able to fix it.

Similar issues were reported on NUCs http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/sb/CS-034637.htm Intel� NUC Boards and Kits — Cannot access BIOS Setup with F2 key

AUgne
Beginner

Is there a way to get notified about new BIOS, firmware, driver releases?

Thanks.

Kind regards,

Alex

Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

Alex, at this moment Intel does not have a notification service.

When there is a new BIOS release, it will be available on the downloadcenter.intel.com or as an announcement of the Intel Support Community.