cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
APome1
Beginner

DN2800MT - NO BOOT - PCI EXPRESS MSATA

Dear Sirs,

I've installed a Kingston SMS200S3/60G on this board, but this board isn't no more able to get powered on, now I've removed the disk, but still unable to power on the board.

Tried to remove every device, clean CMOS, checked the power supply, still seems to be dead.

Any ideas? Please, any advice would be really appreciated.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

Hello MasterTB, I'm sorry for the inconvenience that you have faced with your NUC.

At this point since the NUC seems to be dead, I would recommend you to replace it.

I'm not sure why the Kingston SMS200S3/60G did not work. You may want to try another device just to discard compatibility issues.

Bear in mind that we try to make our products compatible to many third party components as possible, but we cannot always guarantee compatibility.

Please contact our customer support department for additional information on replacing your product

http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/contactsupport http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/contactsupport

DT
Beginner

??? The DN2800MT is not a NUC.

IUman
Honored Contributor II

Hello DennisT099,

Thank you for joining the Intel communities.

I'm sorry for the misunderstood on this thread.

Do you need some assistance with the Intel® Desktop Board DN2800MT?

Please let me know, I will be more than glad to assist you.

Regards,

Ivan

DT
Beginner

Actually I do have a problem. I have a pcie ssd installed in my DN2800MT. I can see it at the BIOS, I can set the BIOS to boot off it. I install an OS and it partitions the SSD and installs files. However the MB will not boot from the SSD. I've tried 4 different OSs (Windows says the controller isn't set to boot from the SSD). I updated the BIOS to the latest available. Tried to let it automatically boot and via the boot menu. It will not boot from the SSD. Why not?

SSD: Super Talent 2.5-Inch 32GB 52-Pin Mini PCIe DOM Internal SSD FPN032C2RM

IUman
Honored Contributor II

You can select your boot device when pressing the key during POST that will cause a boot device menu to be displayed. This menu displays the list of available boot devices.

Have you tried a bios update?

DT
Beginner

Per my initial post:

"I updated the BIOS to the latest available"

"Tried to let it automatically boot and via the boot menu."

IUman
Honored Contributor II

Did you enable UEFI in the BIOS?

If yes, try doing a firmware update for you SSD, you will need to contact your system manufacturer in order to do that.

Please bear in mind that this SSD you have was not tested by Intel so we cannot guarantee that it will work as you wish with this unit, you can see the tested peripherals here:

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/boards-and-kits/desktop-boards/000008441.html?wapkw=i... Tested Peripherals for Intel® Desktop Board DN2800MT