cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ABird
Beginner

DN2800MT doesn't boot with TBS6981 PCI-E inserted

Hi all,

I've just bought a DN2800MT to use with my existing TBS6981 dual DVB-S2 card to record TV. Unfortunately the board doesn't boot (no vga output) with the sat card inserted, without it, it's fine. I thought it might be a power issue, as the sat card has additional power socket for use on some motherboards that have low power PCI-E slots, but using external power for the card doesn't help. I read on the TBS forum http://www.tbsdtv.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=7823&p=27515&hilit=boot+problem# p27515 http://www.tbsdtv.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=7823&p=27515&hilit=boot+problem# p27515 that other manufacturer's boards have had similar problems that can be fixed by a BIOS update. I tried updating the standard 0163 to 0165 and again to the just released 0166, but neither helped. The sat card works fine without external power in the older system I hope to replace, and I'm out of ideas, can anyone help?

Andrew

0 Kudos
13 Replies
Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

Hello,

It could be that your motherboard its seeing the PCI-e as a bootable device. A good practice will be to check on the BIOS if the "boot to removable" is enable. If it is, please disable the option.

Regards.

MGM
Novice

1) DN2800MT doesn't boot with DVB card DVBSky T9580 PCI-E inserted (PCIe bridge: Conexant CX23885)

2) DN2800MT doesn't boot with Hauppauge ImpactVCB-e Analogue Video Capture PCI-e Card inserted (PCIe bridge: Conexant CX23885)

3) DN2800MT doesn't boot with COMPRO VideoMate E800 TV PCI-e Card inserted (PCIe bridge: Conexant CX23885)

4) DN2800MT doesn't boot with DVB card TBS6981 PCI-E inserted (PCIe bridge: Conexant CX23885)

The problem BIOS DN2800MT!

No Problem with ASRock DN2800MT

INTEL! Fix the problem in BIOS DN2800MT!!! And other BIOS motherboards Intel!

Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

Megaremont, I already send your request to the corresponding team.

Thanks for the feedback.

MGM
Novice

I have the original motherboard Intel, not Asus !!!

The problem Intel motherboards (BIOS) are compatible with all DVB CARDS with PCIe bridge Conexant CX23885 !!!

Why Intel does not recognize their mistakes?!

Who can I correct the error in BIOS?

Ronny_G_Intel

Hi Megaremont,

Your feedback was sent to Intel engineering and they will go from there, I cannot promise you any immediate change but I can tell you that your comments are very well received and that we really pay attention to our customers.

Thank you.

MGM
Novice

Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

Megaremont, thanks for the information provided about the other thread you created.

We already sent your feedback to Intel engineering. At this point it will be necessary to wait to their response.

MGM
Novice

I always trusted only Intel products! I am ready to continue to assist in the improvement of product quality! I want to believe that the everything will be fixed on many motherboards Intel

Thank rguevara and sylvia_intel.

How much time to fix bugs?

Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

I'm not sure, Megaremont, but everything has been sent to the corresponding department. Now we will need to wait.

Ronny_G_Intel

Hello Megaremont,

I apologize for the delay in getting back you. We had this issue escalated up the chain but unfortunately we have no validation reports or testing on any of the cards that you reported before.

Engineering confirmed that the following cards were tested and had no issues:

• AVerMedia MiniTVCard Hybrid DTMB A328AM (PCIe interface) China A328AM
  • AVerMedia A336AF mini TV Card, HYBRID DVB-T/CLEAR-QAM/ANALOG A336AF
  • Huappauge TIGER DVB-T USB Minicard 20509, Mini-PCIe slot, USB bus, Huappauge
  • Foxconn PCI-E 71999 DVB-T-HYBRID 71999

I understand that this is not the answer you would like to hear but at this point this is all we have, there are no plans to test additional devices with this board.

Regards,

MGM
Novice

Why have successfully solved this problem with the motherboards: Asus, ASRochk, Zotak ???

70% Most modern DVB TV tuners -> PCIe bridge Conexant CX23885-15Z.

Test any: DVB tuner, DVR, Multimedia video capture card with the PCIe bridge Conexant CX23885-15Z on Intel® Desktop Board DN2800MT -> the Result:doesn't boot with card PCI-E inserted!

I doubt in high quality of products ®Intel and very much regret what bought a Intel® DN2800MT

I need help ®Intel!!! Correct the error BIOS to PCIe bridge Conexant CX23885-15Z!!!
HBert1
Beginner

hello, i have the same board dn2800mt intel original and a low power pci x1 card (nvidia quadro nvs 400, with tpd max 17WW.) i have the same problem, errorcode 43, device could not be startet. i have win7 32bit, 4 gb ram. the system works perfect whitout the card, but intelgraphic is tooo slow. the card works peefect on other systems. i have tested with external power from 12v sata, but no different, also errorcode43,_device not startet... could you help me?

IUman
Honored Contributor II

Hello Megaremont,

It looks that this is a compatibility issue with the card you are using and the motherboard.

I'm sorry to give you a negative answer but unfortunately Intel will not make new BIOS version or software to solve problems with third party components using this motherboard.

Thanks for your understanding on this case.