Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DWhit24
New Contributor II

DP35DP green light near Channel B, DIMM 1 ?

Just curious what does the MB green light ON mean? Hoping it means my MB is still good. It's not booting up.

Have this old desktop running Win 7 that I built but use it sparingly as I use my Intel NUC more than this desktop. It has in the past booted but decided to put it in "sleep" mode then go to my NUC thinking that when I wanted to resume using the desktop, it would awake using keyboard/mouse. Well this time it didn't. Have a old Belkin USB hub with external pwr supply connected separately to it with keyboard and wireless mouse. Now noticed that USB hub red ON lite is on but keyboard won't work and wireless mouse doesn't work either. Wondering if that's a connection with the non boot-up. Next, swapped out CMOS battery thinking that might be it...nope (kinda thought that might happen).

So it's either a PS but that's what makes me think that if it was, the green light wouldn't be on. Or...motherboard issues? Pwr LED lights up just a little and trickles on/off so it's being pwrd by PS?

Thanks for any help/suggestions out there.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Amy_C_Intel
Employee

Hello Nixiedesk,

The green light means that your motherboard is receiving power from your power supply.

Is there fan activity? If yes, try to remove the memory sticks from your motherboard and try to boot it without them. Do you get any beep?

Have your tried with a different video card?

Regards,

Amy.

DWhit24
New Contributor II

Hi Amy,

Thank you for responding!

Well, I did remove the 2 RAM sticks and now I have a blinking green light and out of the speaker is not a "beep" but more of a "tap-tap" sound. I still can't turn the computer on.

There is no fan activity...and I don't have another video card. Wondering if the power supply is going out?

Best,

Dave

Amy_C_Intel
Employee

Please try to place the fan on a different fan header to see if you have activity.

Have you tried using a different power supply?

You mentioned that you don't have a another video card but in order to narrow the issue you need to test a different video card.

Regards.

DWhit24
New Contributor II

Amy,

Went to local computer shop and they hooked up a new PS. It did turn on and fans spinning so it's the PS that's at fault.

Ordered a new PS so that should wrap it up...I hope

Thank you for suggestions and assistance!

Happy Ho-Ho..

Amy_C_Intel
Employee

You´re welcome, I´m glad that you were able to resolve this issue. If you need further assistance let me know.

Regards,

Amy.