cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

DP55KG MB (i7 CPU, Win10) won't power-up

Jump to solution

My DP55KG won't power on when front panel on switch on PC case is pressed.

Replaced front panel on switch.

Replaced MB battery.

Still no power-on.

Power via 24-pin and 8-pin power leads checks out ok (all voltages nominal) when tested.

Green MB Standby Power LED (W in manual) flickers

Shorting front-panel header pins on MB used to work intermittently. No longer works.

Pressing the on-board power-on switch (V in manual diagram) doesn't work.

Shorting pin 16 (Power-on signal to PSU) to Ground (pin 17) on 24-pin power plug when plugged into MB causes PSU to power-up HDDs and ODDs. Fans begin spinning (CPU fan powered by MB; other fans powered directly from PSU supply)

I didn't leave the MB running long in this configuration because the red Processor LED lit immediately (P in manual).

Any ideas what has failed on the MB? Is it repairable? If so, via what sort of repair centre?

0 Kudos

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User

This 2009 motherboard is long out of warranty and not repairable.

The only thing I would try, despite all the shorting you have done, is to use another power supply. I know you have measured some of the voltages, but still....

It may be time to get a newer/current board...

Doc

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Highlighted
Super User

This 2009 motherboard is long out of warranty and not repairable.

The only thing I would try, despite all the shorting you have done, is to use another power supply. I know you have measured some of the voltages, but still....

It may be time to get a newer/current board...

Doc

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Beginner

Thanks for responding Al. A new PSU would be a good idea for a final cost-effective check, with a longer term plan to upgrade to a newer MB and processor. Useful to have a third party challenge my implicit assumption that Intel MBs last forever

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hello all,

Wings_Mackenzie, you basically have done a thoroughly troubleshooting, the only thing I would mention and it was also mentioned before, is to test it with power supply. So, if you do please let me know, I am interested in those results.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Have splashed out on a new power supply (same rating - 850W). And the MB powers up!

An old power supply would seem to have been the issue (I note that the green standby power LED is now emitting a steady green light rather than a flickering one, which may be a symptom others might want to watch out for).

There may be other issues to resolve, as the power-up does not appear to occur reliably on each occasion the power-on switch is applied but progress has been made.

There is a blinking white LED close to the Onboard power switch (above the green standby power LED when the MB is mounted in a PC) but the documentation doesn't describe its function.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super User Retired Employee

The DP55KG board has a couple of bling features. This includes the LEDs for backlighting the Intel Extreme ("Skull") symbol, the LEDs in the Skull's eyes (which can blink with disk activity) and the white LED that you are referring to. The operation of all of these LEDs is configured in BIOS Setup within (I believe) the Power configuration scene.

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

/thread/111965 Wings_Mackenzie, I am glad to hear that the motherboard power up!

Check within your BIOS if the LED activity can be configured.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

/thread/111965 Wings_Mackenzie, were you able to set the LED activity in the BIOS?

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos