cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Manager

DP55KG: Memory Frequency wrong in Intel Desktop Utilities and CPU-Z

Edwin,

After upgrading the BIOS to KGIBX10J.86A.4752.2010.0217.1029, 2/17/2010 and powercycled my machines, the memory frequency readout is wrong in the the Intel Desktop Utilities ver 3.0.16.082 and CPU-Z 1.53.1. My memory is G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL and I have them set up to run at 1600 MHz, but in these software packages, the memory is showing up ar 1333 MHz.. The BIOS is showing that they are running at 1600 MHz.

Is there a way that you can check into this an let me know if this is a bug and my memory is working at 1600 MHz or is it really running at 1333 MHz. Please let me know if you want to connect to my desktop to see what is happening.

Thanks,

Keith A. Campbell

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
14 Replies
Highlighted
Community Manager
1 View

Re: DP55KG: Memory Frequency wrong in Intel Desktop Utilities and CPU-Z

Hi Keith, I think I have the same problem as you, after my bios update to the 4752, my previous oc settings ( from 3878 ) don't work anymore. So I've changed to the default values for blck and memory, 133x12 for me, and HWinfo (the only soft I can use to read correctly settings from my mobo with UEFI enabled !) reports me that my mem runs at 1333mhz too !

So I guess there is another glitch with this new bios, like as the previous...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
1 View

I've re-checked my bios and it's set to 12 mem. ratio !

[URL=http://img717.imageshack.us/i/4752wrongmemoryratio.png/][IMG=http://img717.imageshack.us/img717/6537/4752wrongmemoryratio.th.png][/IMG][/URL]

PS : try hwinfo, it's a very good soft !

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
1 View

Ultraboss,

I could not tell from your pictures as to whether the memory is actually working at the correct frequency and is that with the latest BIOS installed? Please elaborate on your findings and/or provide some larger pictures.

Thanks,

Keith

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
1 View

Hi, I've flashed my bios to the lastest 4752 to check if my issues were solved.

And with the correct memory ratio choosen in bios ( 12 as yours ) my soft hwinfo reports me that it is woking with 10.

You can see it in my picture into "Current timing" section : 5 x 133 !

I'll try to check it tomorrow via memtest86+

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
1 View

Regards Keith.

I just bought this motherboard with 8GB of Corsair Dominator DDR3 1600 /PC3 12800) CMD4GX3M2A1600C8. Update the Bios to version KGIBX10J.86A.4752.2010.0217.1029 dated 02/17/2010, I also note that by setting the frequency to 1600 MGz, the CPUZ64_153 me another value, according to this excellent program, the frequency of my memories are 1333 MGz, but according to this new Bios, the value is 1600 MGz.

I hope that our friends at Intel solved this problem...

Giorgio R

P.D. Excuse my poor English, I am using a translator...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
1 View

Even memtest86+ reports me 666mhz for memory !

I guess it's a wrong frequency report of the bios or a wrong flag in the ratio menu ???

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
1 View

I would like very much for someone from Intel to look at this post and respond to whether this is going to be fixed in the next BIOS release. I am wondering if the frequency is actually wrong, therefore forcing my memory to be slower. I did not spend the extra money on my memory just to be limited by the motherboard BIOS.

Thanks,

Keith

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
1 View

Intel,

Any update on this? Please let us know if this is being addressed in the next release.

Thanks,

Keith

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
1 View

Would someone from Intel address this issue and the plans for resolving it with the next BIOS Release? Edwin or someone????

Thanks,

Keith

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
1 View

Just to let everyone know, the Lead BIOS Engineer has been made aware of this issue and his team is currently investigating the issue as we speak. There is something strange going on with the x12 multiplier and the memory is not running at 1600 MHz.

I will let everyone know when the issue has been fixed.

Thanks,

Keith

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
1 View

Greetings.

It seems that Intel released a new BIOS update, which solved the problem of memory multiplier. The update is the number KGIBX10J.86A.4905.EB, dated 4/1/2010. I have not installed because I am outside of my country, I hope some of you updated and inform me if it solved ...

Thanks...

Giorgio R

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
1 View

Thanks for the update. I will install it tonight and see if this solves the issue.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
1 View

This BIOS version has fixed the Memory Frequency issue on both of my machines.

Thank you Intel.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
1 View

Thanks Keith for your information and thanks to Intel

0 Kudos