Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mEfij
Beginner

DP55SB Motherboard Fan speeds

I think I need a bios driver to be able to control from windows the speed of my pc fans because windows does not detect them but in bios yes and the speed is very low both for the processor and the front and rear please help

0 Kudos
14 Replies
AlHill
Super User

The latest bios for your board is attached. Good luck, because it will not help you achieve what you want.

Doc

mEfij
Beginner

thank you very much i will try this driver i hope it works

n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

Actually, it will, but, then again, what he had would have sufficed as well. BIOS Setup has screens that can be used to configure the operation of the fan speed control ASIC. Using these screens, you have full control over the minimum speed for each fan and the temperature range over which each fan will be (linearly) accelerated from this minimum to full speed.

Secondly, if you are a control freak and really must have control of this yourself, the Speedfan (freeware) Windows application has support for this ASIC and the ability to implement manual fan speed control. You can download it from here: http://www.almico.com/speedfan.php.

Hope this covers it,

...S

AlHill
Super User

Yep, that is what I meant - he is no better off with the latest bios than with what he has.

Doc

mEfij
Beginner

speedfan does not recognize the temperature of the cpu nor does it detect that I have fans installed, those characteristics do not come out only those of the GPU, in other programs the temperature marks me but not the fans of the cpu nor the rest in the bios if it detects them and this Activate the option to have control of the system fans but in Windows 10 it does not detect them simply

n_scott_pearson

You are absolutely correct that Windows 10 itself cannot detect the fans. There is no support in Windows 10 for doing so. Further, unlike mobile (laptop) systems, where other things like passive cooling and battery management are taking place, fans in desktop systems are not controlled in software (i.e. through ACPI). Instead, they are controlled in hardware, based upon temperature readings, completely independent of runtime system.

Did you go into BIOS Setup and look at the scenes used to configure the fan speed control? This is where you need to be looking.

...S

mEfij
Beginner

SMBus msg : 14:55:21.401 Unsuccessful SELB $27 to $2C on Intel

this message appears to me in speedfan after loading all the components that message repeats and repeats itself infinitely as if it is about accessing again and again without for what makes it slow down speed fan marks the temperature of the CPU as 0 and the fans in 0 restarting speed fan this already nothing of the mentioned appears simply loads the components and ends with the end of the detection

n_scott_pearson

Sounds like a bug - or a hardware issue. You should report this to Alfredo regardless.

...S

n_scott_pearson

BTW, you can also try using HWMonitor (from https://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html) or HWiNFO64 (from https://www.hwinfo.com/download/), which are freeware applications, or you can use AIDA64 (from https://www.aida64.com/), which is a *lot* better app than the rest, but it is a paid app (though it does allow free trial).

If these show a similar problem to what you are seeing with SpeedFan, then this points to a hardware problem on your board.

...S

mEfij
Beginner

In HWINFO65 if it detects the temperatures of the processor as well as the front and rear cpu fans and its revolutions

mEfij
Beginner

In this app can I change the speed of the fans?

n_scott_pearson

Nope. Speedfan is the only one with support for modifying/overriding the fan speed control. If it isn't working, then all you have in Windows is a monitoring capability.

...S

mEfij
Beginner

I have been watching videos on how to do it in winfo64 but the option does not appear to those people to make manual changes of speeds...

mEfij
Beginner

by the way I don't know what would have happened when trying to update the bio from USB turning off the pc and doing the steps etc when selecting the usb device and the bios driver the screen went off and after a while it turned off when turning it on it went off after a short time not towards the characteristic startup sound that could have happened, I already solved it by resetting the bios to how it was, it scared me a lot.