Intel® Desktop Boards
Peer-to-peer support only
Announcements
This community is designed for sharing of public information. Please do not share Intel or third-party confidential information here.
11463 Discussions

DP55SB NO DE VIDEO

armando71
Novice

Buenas tardes tengo una tarjeta madre dp55sb, el problema radica que no da video para nada

al prender el pc realiza 2 pitidos  espera 2 segundo y repite el pitido,  y luego continua el arranque    porque el display de la tarjeta da "00" y buscando en la tabla quiere decir Ready to boot

1-Probe el monitor en otro pc y funciona

2-Probre la tarjeta Gforce 8400 gs 512 ddr3 y funciona

no se que puedo hacer  que me recomiendan

Gracias

0 Kudos
1 Solution
armando71
Novice

Good afternoon, I already carried out the steps to update the bios, it was corrected and now if you gave me the video in the second PCI 8x slot I start without problems thank you very much for all your help and contribution to this community

View solution in original post

6 Replies
AlHill
Super User

2 beeps is a video failure.  Since the board does not support integrated graphics, have you installed a video card?  What do you have the monitor connected to?  What video card do you have?

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Windows 11 is the new Vista]

armando71
Novice

Thank you for answering, I am from Venezuela and I do not speak English I will use the translator.

1- graphics card: Gforce 8400 gs 512 ddr3, provided it on another computer and it works correctly

2- LG IPS 226 monitor vga cable, provided it on another computer and it works correctly

what steps could i take

I want to update the bios but I can't find the BIOS file that in theory if I save it to a pen drive it starts up and runs automatically

very grateful for your help

n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

Did this graphics card ever work in this board? If this is the first time using the card with this board, then there may be a compatibility issue. For boards this old, there is little that we can do about it.

You can try installing the latest BIOS (which I have attached) using the BIOS Recovery method. To save you time, here are my step-by-step instructions for BIOS Recovery:

1. NOTE: Read these instructions completely before starting. Follow all instructions EXACTLY.
  2. On some other Windows-based PC, download the .BIO file for the BIOS release you wish to install.
  3. Insert a 32GB or smaller (the smaller the better) USB 2.0 flash drive into the PC. Do not use USB 3.0 flash drives (most are not compatible). It is also best if you use a flash drive that has an access LED that you can watch.
  4. Format this USB flash drive using the Windows Format applet. Select to install the FAT32 file system (NOT vFAT, NOT exFAT; FAT32 only). You must also specify that the Quick Format option be Disabled (unchecked).
  5. NOTE: If FAT32 is not offered as a choice by the Format applet, your flash drive is too big; use another.
  6. Copy the .BIO file into the root folder of this USB flash drive. This should be the only .BIO file in the root folder of the USB flash drive.
  7. Properly eject the USB flash drive. Do not just yank it out. Do this from File Explorer or using the Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media System Tray applet.
  8. Power off the Desktop Board system.
  9. Remove the yellow BIOS Configuration jumper from the board. It will be the only yellow jumper; the rest will usually be black.
  10. NOTE: Remember the pins that this jumper was plugged onto; you will need this information later.
  11. Plug the USB flash drive into one of the black USB 2.0 ports on the back panel of the board. Do not use blue or yellow USB 3.0 port. Do not use any front panel USB ports.
  12. Power on the system.
  13. The BIOS Recovery process should start automatically. You should see a progress report on your main monitor.
  14. NOTE: If you do not see a progress report displayed on a monitor, do not power off the system for at least 15 minutes. While it is rare, it is possible for the process to proceed without an onscreen display; you must give it ample time to complete, just in case.
  15. When the BIOS Recovery process is complete, you will be asked to power off the system. Do so.
  16. Restore the yellow BIOS Configuration jumper to the pins it was on previously. This should be across pins 1 and 2 of this (three pin) header.
  17. Remove the USB flash drive from the back panel of the board.
  18. Power on the board.
  19. Immediately begin pressing the F2 key, over and over (approx. once per second) until you see the BIOS Setup (or Visual BIOS) screen displayed.
  20. Verify, using the BIOS version string, that the BIOS installed properly. Stop if it isn't.
  21. Press the F9 key (followed by the Y key) to reset of the BIOS configuration.
  22. Press the F10 key (followed by the Y key) to save the BIOS Configuration and exit BIOS Setup.
  23. Once screen is cleared (goes black), begin pressing the F2 key, over and over, until you see the BIOS Setup screen displayed.
  24. Make any changes to the BIOS configuration that you desire (for example, disabling NUMLOCK) or that you require (for example, setting Boot Order, enabling UEFI, etc.).
  25. Press the F10 key (followed by the Y key) to save the BIOS Configuration and exit BIOS Setup.
  26. Test.

Here are some additional thoughts:

• If BIOS Recovery will not start, try using a different USB port.
  • If switching USB ports didn't work, try using a different (smaller) USB flash drive.
  • As always, best to use USB flash drive that has an access LED so you can visually see if it is accessed.
  • If you are seeing USB flash drive being accessed but BIOS Recovery does not start, a common cause is compatibility with the memory present. The BIOS Recovery engine, as it is with USB 3.0 flash drives, can be very picky with regards to memory compatibility. Try removing all but one DIMM/SODIMM.
  • For more information on the BIOS Recovery process, consult Intel Desktop Boards Recovery BIOS Update Instructions.

Hope this helps,

...S

armando71
Novice

Good morning,

thank you very much for answering, the graphic card is the first time that I put it on that card, I will carry out all the steps you indicate and with the file that I attach, again thank you very much, for your attention

n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

If this is a new integration, all I can suggest to overcome the compatibility issue is to try using UEFI Boot. This sometimes works (but we are grasping at straws here). 

...S

armando71
Novice

Good afternoon, I already carried out the steps to update the bios, it was corrected and now if you gave me the video in the second PCI 8x slot I start without problems thank you very much for all your help and contribution to this community