Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RRagg
Beginner

DP55WG, Windows 7x 64, and 2 kingston kvr 1.5v of 4GB and other two same kingston kvr 1.5v but 2GB each one. Total I have 12 GB, my problem is that I can only see 8 GB - Help!

hello I have DP55WG, i7 860, Windows 7x 64, and 2 kingston kvr 1.5v of 4GB and other two same kingston kvr 1.5v but 2GB each one. Total I have 12 GB, my problem is that I can only see 8 GB, I don't now what to do or if this combination can't fit on my mother board, any suggest please?  

Thanks in advance!
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
14 Replies
jfasc
Beginner

That board can support up to 16gb ram.

Which version of windows 7 are you running ?

Win7 basic edition will only use up to 8gb ram even tho control panel may show 12 installed

RRagg
Beginner

its windows 7 profesional, and only show 8gb is there some way to configure it?

Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

So the BIOS recognizes only 8GB? What happens if you disconnect all of them and test one by one? Are all the memory sticks working?

Kevin M

RRagg
Beginner

Hello Kevin! Im looking at Bios, the 4 spots of ram are showed, the problem is than each one appears as 2gb ram... Is completly wrong. I have two of 4gb and two of 2gb

Not sure if this can be something about configuration, I want to say as detail than before of put my two ram memories 4gb to up at 12, I had only 8 gb divided in four spots of 2 gb.... Is there some solution?

Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

What is the memory part number? You can find this in a sticker physically on the memory stick.

RRagg
Beginner

I think you mean this:

4G are: KVR1333D3N9K2/4G and 2G are: KVR1333D3N9/2G

Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Please try resetting the BIOS settings to default by pressing F9.After that, try connecting just one memory stick and verify the status of it in the BIOS.

Kevin M

RRagg
Beginner

Ok couple of questions.

1.- How I reset bios? I enter to bios and then I press F9? im confused

2.- If I reset Bios I will lost my last Bios update (I did this 4 days ago with the Intel app for update Bios)

3.- To do the test, whats better 4GB or 2GB
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

This is what you have to do:

1. As soon as you turn the motherboard on, Press several times, up and down the F2 key to access the BIOS.
  2. Once in the BIOS, Press F9 key and select "Yes" to reset to default settings.
  3. When you do this process, you will not loss the BIOS update but any configuration that can be preventing the motherboard to recognize all RAM capacity.
  4. You can test the 4GB sticks since are the ones recognized as 2GB.
RRagg
Beginner

I followed all your steps, all this tests are with memories of 4GB Hope this help me to determine what is happening

Test1:

Computer cannot turn on (seems like is trying I see with the fans trying but never start):

Memory Channel A SLOT 1 Installed

Memory Channel A SLOT 0 Not installed

Memory Channel B SLOT 1 Not installed

Memory Channel B SLOT 0 Installed

Test 2 :

Memory Channel A SLOT 1 Not installed

Memory Channel A SLOT 0 2048 MB

Memory Channel B SLOT 0 2048 MB

Total: 4096MB

Test 3 :

Memory Channel B SLOT 1 2048 MB

Total: 4096MB

Starting with only one memory 4GB

Test 4 :

Total: 2048 MB

Test 5 computer cannot turn on (only try as test 1):

Memory Channel B SLOT 1 Installed

Memory Channel B SLOT 0 Not installed

Test 6 computer turned on alone after switch power source:

Memory Channel A SLOT 0 2048 MB

Total: 2048 MB

Test 7 computer cannot turn on (only try as test 1):

Memory Channel A SLOT 1 Installed

Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

I found what the problem is.

The memory part number KVR1333D3N9K2/4G you provided before, is a KIT. This means it has 2 RAM sticks of 2GB so 2x2=4GB so the sticks you have are 2GB not 4GB:

http://www.kingston.com/datasheets/kvr1333d3n9k2_4g.pdf http://www.kingston.com/datasheets/kvr1333d3n9k2_4g.pdf

The part number KVR1333D3N9/2G is a single part and is not a KIT. This means that each stick or RAM is of 2GB:

http://www.kingston.com/datasheets/kvr1333d3n9_2g.pdf http://www.kingston.com/datasheets/kvr1333d3n9_2g.pdf

So at the end you are using 4 RAM sticks of 2GB each. This is why the BIOS is showing 8GB only.

RRagg
Beginner

Im confused..... if my memories are Kit of 4GB 2 x 2 ... and BIOS can't read this kind of memories whats the sense of have a kit like this? Im not understanding at all... This type of memories are for other type of mother board or something like that? Is confusing...

I had another motherboard before this one with that same memories and it showed 8 GB with my 2 memories of 4GB.... that mother board only support 8...

RRagg
Beginner

Also if you see my test... in the beginning I did the test with 2 of 4 gb but Bios only see 4gb..... in the second step of test I did with one of 4gb and only sees 2gb

Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

What I am trying to say is that the memories you have are 2GB each stick. You can confirm with Kingston this information since they are the manufactures .