DP55WG + i5-750; unstable system

PC config:

MB: Intel DP55WG

CPU: Intel i5-750

RAM: 2x2GB Corsair XMS3 (TW3X4G1333C9)

VGA: MSI 8400GS 512MB

HDD: WD Caviar Black 640GB SATA

DVD-RW: NEC AD-7240 SATA

The problem is that the system (PC) become unstable. lot of unexpected restarts occurs each system running. I have latest BIOS for MB and latest drivers for each component. There are no alarm beeps during boot. System can boot normally and it can run normally but from time to time unexpected restart occurs and no windows dump nor event log about this restarts are created.

I have already replaced Motherboard and VGA and the problem with unexpected restarts still remains.

I've ran few stress test, e.g:

Memtest86+ => no faults found

Prime95 => few of calculation was stopped with "HW Error found".

The CPU temperature did not cross 75 Celsius degrees during Prime95 test running .

It looks like, I have problem with CPU or PSU. Can be CPU corrupted in this way, that system can run normally but some times unexpected restart occurs?

Please, can someone give some advice?

I have additional question if some one knows answer. For "Intel® Desktop Utilities for P55 Desktop Boards" on download page expected availability is January 2010. Does someone know when it will be available to test PSU (Voltages) in OS&Prime95 running?

Thanks a lot.
0 Kudos
10 Replies
Highlighted
New Contributor I

Increase your RAM voltage from 1.5V (JEDEC standard) to 1.6V (max allowed by Intel). This should fix your problem.

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi,

I've increased RAM voltage as you recommend and it seems that the system is more stable. I'm goingt to test it over weekend and I will be back with result.

Thank you for your advice.

Highlighted
Community Manager

I am with czech republik ia have total problem

my configuration

cpu i5-750 Lynnfield2666Mhz,motherboard MSI P55 cd53,DDR3 -1333Mhz 9-9-9-24-1 (1,5v)- 2 x 2Gb,Ati Hd 5850,Seasonic 550w energy 80+,2x 750 gb western digital

Bios all loaded system default

My problem -when first run pc 1min-10min bsod vertikal blue lines,hard restart,why??

http://www.extrahardware.cz/forum/wievtopic.php?f=73&t=9185&start=25

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

I have random restart and freeze tooPC config:

MB: Intel DP55WG

CPU: Intel i5-750

Memory Master - 2-Pack 2GB PC3-10666 DDR3 DIMM Memory Kit Model: MMD4096KD3-1333 | SKU: 9360032

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

What are the Intel® Core™ i5 processor DDR3 memory voltage limitations?

Intel® recommends using memory that adheres to the Jedec memory specification for DDR3 memory which is 1.5 volts, plus or minus 5%. Anything over this voltage can either damage the processor or significantly reduce the processor life span.

Intel frequently asked questions :

http://www.intel.com/support/processors/sb/CS-029913.htm http://www.intel.com/support/processors/sb/CS-029913.htm

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Ok, after 6 days testing (6days x 10hours) I can say that Zorlac advice helped.

Thank you a lot.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

try to use 1.5V + 5% = 1.57V maybe it helps too.

1.6V works fine for me.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

thanks to you and to Zorlac.

I will try 1.57V

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor I

Glad I could help. I had the same issue with the DP55KG and the i7-860. Looks like you should never go above 1.65V from all that I have read, but personally I wouldnt go above 1.6V.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

To increase the voltage of RAM. How is that possible?

0 Kudos