Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AMile2
Beginner

DP67BA BIOS update failed

Jump to solution

Hi all there,im new here

I came on this forum just for this one problem. I simpy cannot update latest bios on my dp67ba desktop board. i have tried with intel software which works through windows,it failed after reboot,and also i tried manually downloaded bios file,then press f7 during post and still no sucess,it tells me that i cant update bios in that way. so im really frustrated about it,is there any solution to update the bios please? i have also tried to make a bootable usb,arghh...i made it already with windows98 boot files,but no chance to boot it on this board. help!

if you need for help,i can upload some images about update problems.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
AMile2
Beginner

i just fixed it yesterday. i could not jump from such on old bios version (0055) straight to latest. latest is something like 0082 or so. i had first to update it to 0064. process was sucessful with express windows method. then i updated it to latest 0082 version,also through windows with express bios update. i suppose that it would work with F7 method also...bios version was a problem.

btw,now is everything okay with bios update,but this board sucks too much even with latest bios,i'l sell it...again it just wont recover itself with watchdog function when bad bios settings are saved,i must replace the jumpers every time even now with new bios,im so mad. thank you for trying to help

View solution in original post

2 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

You boot from flash disk by pressing F10 during POST and selecting the flash drive. Give this another try.

If it doesn't work, try using BIOS Recovery process. Instructions are here: http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/boards-and-kits/000005630.html?wapkw=bios+recovery Intel Desktop Boards Recovery BIOS Update Instructions. The "Recovery BIOS" is whatever BIOS you want it to be.

My additional notes on the process:

1. Use USB 2.0 flash disk. Do not use USB 3.0 flash disk!
  2. On a Windows PC, reformat this flash disk using FAT32 file system and with Quick option disabled. Do not make it a bootable disk! Do not do this on MACOS- or Linux-based PC!
  3. Place only the .BIO file on the flash disk.
  4. Make sure you properly eject the flash disk. Do not just yank it out!
  5. Insert flash disk into (black) USB 2.0 port on back panel of board. Do not use USB 3.0 connector! Do not use front panel connector!

Hope this helps,

...S

AMile2
Beginner

i just fixed it yesterday. i could not jump from such on old bios version (0055) straight to latest. latest is something like 0082 or so. i had first to update it to 0064. process was sucessful with express windows method. then i updated it to latest 0082 version,also through windows with express bios update. i suppose that it would work with F7 method also...bios version was a problem.

btw,now is everything okay with bios update,but this board sucks too much even with latest bios,i'l sell it...again it just wont recover itself with watchdog function when bad bios settings are saved,i must replace the jumpers every time even now with new bios,im so mad. thank you for trying to help

View solution in original post