Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DP67BA motherboard can't get in BIOS after overclock

Hi, I'm using intel desktop board DP67BA. I tried to overclock RAM in BIOS. I just touched RAM clock, not touched about timing at all but my computer doesn't get to even BIOS after that. I tried to reset CMOS by discarding mercury battery for 1 hour bot not worked. I tried to remove BIOS setup jumper, plug in USB which bios file included but not worked too. How can I recover BIOS from my board?

0 Kudos
28 Replies
AlHill
Super User

What is you processor model number?

Does the board boot otherwise?

Doc

I'm using i5-2500K processor.

I can't boot board by any way.

AlHill
Super User

Do you know what bios you had or have now?

Is the i5-2500K something you just added?

Do you have another graphics card you can test with?

Can you test with only one dimm?

In this thread, Scott has a 25 step procedure (for another board). https://forums.intel.com/s/question/0D50P00004VhEOFSA3/how-to-upgrade-dz75ml45k-bios-from-0006-to-00...

Adapt this procedure for your board and bios, and follow it exactly. Do not shortcut or skip any steps. It may work, it may not.

Doc

Thanks a lot. I'll try that process with only one dimm and graphic card. Since this board not supports internal graphic, I'll test with graphic card plugged in. I had BA0082 bios before problem.

I tried it, but I'm stuck in step 13. I'm leaving my system powered on for almost 20 minutes, but nothing shows on screen.

AlHill
Super User

Ok, I suggest you wait for @n.scott.pearson​ to look at this. He may be on travel now, so just hang in there.

Doc

Also, I tried to boot by from step 14, but not worked at all. Does the only way to fix board is to flash bios chip manually?

AlHill
Super User

Files to flash the chip are never provided. If you purchased such a chip of the net, you are getting some other board's information, MAC addresses, and such. I do not recommend you do this.

Doc

Oh I can't even flash chip manually by bio file?

AlHill
Super User

You can, if you can find a .ROM file, which Intel never provides due to security concerns.

If you have roached the board, you may want to try and find one on the used market

Doc

AlHill
Super User

Also, the latest bios for your board is 0083. The release notes can be found here:

https://web.archive.org/web/20191119132110/https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28294/BIOS-Upda...

I have attached the latest bios in case you do not have it.

Doc

AlHill
Super User

One more question - do you happen to have another processor to test with?

Doc

Yes. I have a lot of sandybridge processors, but I don't have new thermal greeze now. For new thermal greeze, I have to wait until 02-18.

AlHill
Super User

You should be able to try another processor without paste and fan, just to see if the bios appears. You would not be running it for long.

Doc

Test with G2020,

1) without connecting fan, bios cfg jumper plugged = infinite loop 10 secs on and off

2) connected fan, bios cfg jumper plugged = on but no screen

3) connected fan, bios cfg jumper unplugged, usb bios file included = infinite loop 10 secs on and off

Can you feel something? If you need, I can try with another processor

AlHill
Super User

No, nothing that I can think of.

Doc

G2020 Ivy Bridge processor with connected fan, bios cfg jumper unplugged, plugged usb bios file included now not reboots. Can it be bios recovery process? Do you suggest me to wait?

AlHill
Super User

Well, maybe one more thing - have you tried another power supply?

Doc

Sadly, I don't have another power supply that can use for this system now. I only have a lot of sandy/ivy bridge processors, two graphic cards and 4 rams.

AlHill
Super User

The only thing left to try is the power supply. Other than that, I have no ideas. The one guy who might be able to help is on travel, so you will have to wait.

Doc