Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MJohn26
New Contributor I

DP67BG: One or more fans appear to have stopped or been removed.

I got this error today when connecting my water cooler setup. I then connected a PWM fan to the CPU header with same error. I then swapped out the PWM fan with an old 3-pin header fan and again errors.

I just finished upgrading the BIOS from 1900 to the newest (I think 2040) and the problem continues.

I can just press enter at the message and the system boots up fine and operates flawlessly. it's just a PITA to deal with this message.

Any clues on manually setting fans in the BIOS? Nothing I seem to change works, and auto doesn't work either. I even tried to switch to the read header with no changes as well.

Thanks in advance

-=Mark=-

ps, Ilike this new BIOS. I can auto overclock from 3.5 to 4.5GHz. Nice work Intel.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
idata
Community Manager

Please go to the BIOS, Configuration > Fan Control and HW Monitoring, and check if the fan you have connected is reporting the speed correctly.

If it is, try clearing the BIOS event log. If the problem still persists, try pressing F9 to reset settings to defaults, and F10 to save.

MJohn26
New Contributor I

When I go into the BIOS, it reports all zeroes for all the fan speeds. When I select the cpu fan the next screen reports current fan speed as zero rpms as well.

I already cleared the logs and loaded defaults, but I did it again and it still gives me the error.

Any other things to try?

Thanks for the help

-=Mark=-

MJohn26
New Contributor I

OK, I just tried a 3rd and 4th fan and the two new fans worked fine. apparently the first two aren't reporting the fan speed for some reason and they both have fan speed wires conneted.

anyway, thanks for your help and all is well.

-=Mark=-

idata
Community Manager

Hi,

I have had this same problem since I bought this mother board a year ago.

It is very annoying and makes me have to press enter every time I boot my comp.

My computer technician said there is nothing he can do about it.

The Fans are working properly, but probably there are communication mismatches with the motherboard.

Please tell me how to make this message stop appearing and interfering with the boot process.

I don't want to fix it (as I see no solution in the web), I just want to delete the message.

Please help me as soon as possible.

thank you

idata
Community Manager

Hi,

I seem to have the same problem, with a similar situation, but the solution here doesn't seem to be working for me...

I have a DP67BG motherboard, and I started getting the message after I installed a Corsair Hydro H70 CPU Cooler. The fans on said cooler are the only ones connected to the motherboard, but the fan speed is constant. I keep getting the message, and it's annoying because I can't leave the Intel Extreme Tuning Utility running on autotune (I'm bound to stay next to my computer, and hit enter every time it restarts...).

Any other solution?

MJohn26
New Contributor I

Do what I did and temporarily connect your stock heatsink/fan.

idata
Community Manager

Hi,

I have had this same problem since I bought this mother board a year ago.

It is very annoying and makes me have to press enter every time I boot my comp.

My computer technician said there is nothing he can do about it.

The Fans are working properly, but probably there are communication mismatches with the motherboard.

Please tell me how to make this message stop appearing and interfering with the boot process.

I don't want to fix it (as I see no solution in the web), I just want to delete the message.

Please help me as soon as possible.

thank you