Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KRawl1
Beginner

DQ57TM Chassis Intrusion

I have recently put a budget system together with a pre used DQ57TM motherboard. All works fine, but at each boot I get a Chassis Intrusion warning, despite the fact that it is disabled in the BIOS.

Does this suggest a fault with the board (which I can live with) or is there something I could do to stop this warning message coming up?

0 Kudos
9 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

Keith,

Are you running on the latest available BIOS version (i.e. TM0050.BIO, available https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/20735/BIOS-Update-TMIBX10H-86A-?product=42486 here)? If not, install this version and see if the problem persists.

If the problem persists, first thing to check is the pins of the Chassis Intrusion header (connector "I" in figure 11 on page 47 of the board's TPS (available https://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/boardsandkits/desktop-boards/H57_Q57/DQ57T... here)). If these pins are bent and touching, this will cause the perpetual chassis intrusion error.

Hope this helps,

...S

KRawl1
Beginner

BIOS version is TMIBX10H.86A.0050.2011.1207.1134

The header pins are not shorted

idata
Community Manager

Hi keithr,

I was reviewing this thread and I wanted to know if you need further assistance?

Regards,

Juan V.
n_scott_pearson

Sorry Juan, he was waiting for a response from me...

The BIOS is supposed to be clearing the latch. Either (a) something has failed on the board or (b) there is a bug in the BIOS and it is not clearing the latch.

Somewhere, I have a DOS-based tool that clears the latch. Let me see if I can find it...

...S

n_scott_pearson

I sent Keith a tool that that can clear the Chassis Intrusion latch. This fixed his issue.

...S

AnatolyR
Beginner

Good day!
I also have a similar problem with Intel DQ57TM.
Can I ask you to send me the Chassis Intrusion bug correction utility (patch)?

AnatolyR
Beginner

Good day!
I also have a similar problem with Intel DQ57TM.
n_scott_pearson reported in the chat that he sent you a utility (patch) to correct this error.
Can I ask you to send me the Chassis Intrusion bug correction utility (patch)?

n_scott_pearson

I sent you an IM with the executable for the tool attached.

...S

AnatolyR
Beginner

unfortunately, the utility did not help.
Launched under DOS, everything started.
But after the reboot, the error did not disappear.
I repeated the procedure, but also the mistake was not eliminated.
Probably some kind of hardware problem.
Thank you for trying to help me solve my problem!
Have a nice day!