Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DThor14
Beginner

DQ67EP ITX Motherboard Issue, 3 beeps on boot up.

I bought some new ram which initially wouldn’t be recognised for the first hour or putting it in, then it worked fine for a day but has since started to give me the 3 beeps on boot up and will not load, I have 3 sticks of ram which I’ve checked all 3 and still nothing surely the ram haven’t all gone bad? Does anyone have any ideas what could stop the motherboard from loading as it’s driving me mad

0 Kudos
8 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Bad, or incompatible memory. Provide the EXACT model number of the memory and how much.

The board worked fine before the new memory? That should be a clue.

Doc

AlHill
Super User

DThor14
Beginner

I had 2x4gb ram before and when it failed with the beeps I put them back in and it still does the same thing.

AlHill
Super User

So, you damaged something by installing the new memory, which you have not provided the data for as I asked.

Doc

DThor14
Beginner

I have absolutely no idea what’s happened, I’m not very good with computers but the kingston ram I had 2 sticks which worked fine and now don’t, the 8gb stick was working yesterday suddenly stopped working. This user face isn’t great for replying on iPhone sorry.

AlHill
Super User

You need to put the original memory back in, and make sure it is properly seated.

The force of removing and re-inserting of memory, on an older board such as yours, could have caused some damage.

If you get the 3 beeps with the original memory, then your memory has a problem.

Doc

DThor14
Beginner

I’ve put the original ram in both at once and with just a single stick and it’s still giving me 3 beeps, not sure if it’s relevant because I never noticed before but there’s a green light on the board always lit.

n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

The green LED is simply an indicator that the motherboard is receiving standby power from the Power Supply. If lit, it provides a rough indication that portions of the Power Supply and some of the circuitry on the motherboard is working properly.

If you restored the original DIMMs and the board is not working, this indicates that,

1. Something has failed on the motherboard (in its memory bus circuitry).
  2. Something has failed in the processor (in its memory controllers).
  3. Both 1 and 2.
  4. Something has failed in the Power Supply.

Al is correct; pressing on the board to insert DIMM(s) is the most likely cause.

Sorry,

...S