Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
idata
Community Manager

DQ77KB - Bios update fails - error: FwUpdateFullBuffer

I need help updating the bios on my DQ77KB.

(Reason for the update is, that the board does not wake up from sleep sometime)

The update fails with the following screen:

I've run the update process min. 10 times. Also tried to update with a usb flash drive.

No success.

Any help is appreciated.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
idata
Community Manager

Since your current BIOS is 0043, try flashing 0044 and see if that works. If it does then try flashing 0046. If that still fails, flash up to 0045 and then try 0046.

idata
Community Manager

Thanks for the suggestion, i already tried to flash 44, 45 & 46 - i get always the same error.

idata
Community Manager

I have the same issue with a DQ77MK. My BIOS version is 50 and I want to update to 54. With 52 and 53 I get the same error. (51 was not published)

The 50 seems to be the last one, that is below 14 MByte. Until 52 the file size is always 14798880 Bytes.

I tried different USB Sticks and the Windows Program, but nothing works.

I hope someone have a suggestion.

idata
Community Manager

I found a solution to update my bios. The version 50 of DQ77MK seems to be the issue. I made a recovery of the old version 49 (via the BIOS Jumper on the board). Then I could update to version 52 and to 54.

@404notfound: It seems to me, that the version 43 of DQ77KB is nearly the same as 50 for my board. If you recover to an older version then you can update to the current one, I think. But do not flash version 43 again.

idata
Community Manager

Well ich have the same problem,

this fu... motherboard did not make any update. I have the version 49 or 50 nothing over 50 do not work only error: "FwUpdateFullBuffer". Has anyone another idea?

Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

Termi,

You may want to try updating the BIOS to version 0051.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=22648&ProdId=3444&lang=eng&OSVersion...

regards,

idata
Community Manager

Thank you for your answers.

last night, shortly before the madness, I've found a way:

I put an USB-Stick only with the MK0058P.BIO file on it. Then I remote the BIOS configuration Jumper, that there was no Jumper on the Mainboard. I started the PC and automaticly it will flash it from the USB-device from 49 to 58er Bios. All my grafik problems are gone. It works fine.

in German: Ein USB-Stick mit dem Biosfile MK00xxP.BIO einstecken, den Jumper für den "BIOS-Configuration Jumper Block" entfernen, einschalten und das Board brennt das Bios automatisch vom Stick. Das war alles,

einfach nicht? Halt wie immer im Leben gewusst wie ;-)

thank you for all

regards,

DKels
Beginner

Thank you, Termi! Your solution worked for me. I removed the BIOS jumper, plugged in my USB thumb drive with a recent BIOS file on it, and booted up. The BIOS was automatically updated from the thumb drive. When it was finished, I powered down the machine and removed the power cable, replaced the BIOS jumper, and powered back up. The computer came up without any errors, and with the desired BIOS version. Thanks again!