Intel® Desktop Boards
Peer-to-peer support only
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!
11358 Discussions

DQ77KB LVDS recognized as eDP?

knur004
Novice

Hello once again

this time i have another question about my dq77kb - i have this board in some sort of All in One case, and internal screen is connected into "lvds" connector (top side of motherboard, according to intel manual for this motherboard on top side is lvds, on bottom is eDP). In bios, igp panel is set to lvds, and further into settings it is lvds full hd dual channel 8 bit color.

The problem is that when i check in intel graphic control panel in windows - it shows that my screen connection type is recognized as embedded display port (eDP), also in Linux when i run "sudo intel_reg dump" it shows that: PCH_LVDS (disabled).

Is it some kind of mistake in intel manual? Should i try to connect my screen to the bottom one to get lvds? Or maybe some other setting in bios need to be changed?

Why this is a problem you ask? Firstly when it says lvds i expect it to be lvds, and second - i'm doing a little project with this motherboard, and macos with intel hd4000 (ivy bridge) do not work with eDP, lvds on the other hand works ok

Newest bios is flashed, tried reseting to defaults to no avail. any help is appreciated

0 Kudos
5 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

The DQ77KB board has detailed as having separate eDP and LVDS connectors. The LVDS connector is on the top of the board while the eDP connector is on the bottom of the board. Which connector is the display being plugged into? How is the port being configured? Have you checked the BIOS Configuration?

...S

knur004
Novice

As i wrote above, display is connected to the top one on motherboard. Every setting i found in bios is set to lvds (check imgur link)

https://imgur.com/a/1NVEjRw

n_scott_pearson

Sorry, not coming up with anything. I have asked some folks from back in the day whether they have any thoughts; we'll see if they even admit to remembering anything about this.

...S

knur004
Novice
n_scott_pearson

No sorry, everyone I have asked so far is saying that it's been too long and they do not remember the details. I have one last person I am waiting for a response from, but I don't give it much hope.

Sorry,

...S