cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
idata
Community Manager

DQ77KB - Unable to reset bios password

Hello,

after a reset using the Maintenance Menu of the BIOS i get stuck with the dialog "Enter Password to unlock system". I have tried the following procedures to clear the password without any success:

What can i do next?

Thank you in advance.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
idata
Community Manager

Applied latest BIOS Update KBQ7710H.86A (Version 0046) - but no improvement.

idata
Community Manager

Applied procedure described in - but the dialog "Enter Password to unlock system" appears.

Any suggestions?

idata
Community Manager

I read in the thread that some motherboards cannot be reset and the only things to do iso buying a new motherboard.

Is that true for the DQ77KB?

idata
Community Manager

Using the http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/sb/CS-029511.htm Desktop Boards — No boot troubleshooting wizard did not resolve the issue. First the WARNING: Chassis Intrusion is displayed, and then the dialog "Enter Password to unlock system" appears.

Any suggestions?

idata
Community Manager

Is that a solution "took the battery out for 3 - 4 days" (found in ) for my problem?

LL5
Beginner

Hi Andreas, did you ever get this issue resolved as I appear to be experiencing something very similar!

Marvin_L_Intel
Employee

Hi Erlach,

As an additional troubleshooting step you can try clearing the CMOS for about an hour and then put the CMOS battery back in to the motherboard. If you have any doubts on how to do that the below steps will explain you what to do:

• Shut the system down.
  • Disconnect the AC Mains.
  • Remove the CMOS Battery from the CMOS.
  • Wait for about an hour to put the battery back
  • Refit the battery.
  • Reconnect the AC Mains.

If the issue remains after that please get in touch with our warranty team so they can validate the warranty of your product and if applicable a RMA for you.

Best regards,

marving_intel